Weapons: Characters and Large pets as super-heavy thrown weapons

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
Goliath

Weapons: Characters and Large pets as super-heavy thrown weapons

Post by Goliath »

Allow super-heavy throwers to chuck characters as a weapon, dealing damage both to the target and to the thrown character.
Both damages ought to be lower than the average throwing weapon to account for the double hitting capability.
It'd be really cool and very IB-like.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Meric

Re: Weapons: Characters and Large pets as super-heavy thrown weapons

Post by Meric »

Man that would be funny.

Suggestions
  • 2ap - one to pick up and one to throw.
  • Maybe even give each char a chance to resist based on class, existing skill or their defence or for it to be a touch attack at flat 70%
  • Would suggest that the picked up char is not actually restricted and any char action causes them to be dropped
  • If the picked up char has an aura it double triggers as part of the pick up then throw
  • Deal bludgeoning damage at 0.4dmg/level (so up to 12dmg per individual with a floor of 3 before soak)
  • Contained to the tile
Last edited by Meric on Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

if i could pick up and abscond off with cute doomer girls (even if fac only) as an ib i'd roll one

huge mad malice vibes
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
littleglassflowers

Post by littleglassflowers »

+1, especially with Meric's suggestions, especially in that the affected character can still take actions; it shouldn't actually impede any other user, that'd be too hard to balance.

That said...

I also kind of like Nayru's idea? More seriously - I feel like a lot of classes suffer a bit from being pigeonholed. Infernal Behemoths as one-demon wrecking crews is cool, but a tanky rescue squadron - who can load up to two factionmates (and only factionmates) and carry them around to 'rescue' them if the raid is going bad, or so on, that's kind of a cool idea? Again, it'd be VERY hard to balance, and I'm not sure if it's something that could be made to work AND be fun.

Still, an IB throwing two fellas (who are also Infernal Behemoths [each holding two Dark Oppressors]) into the melee is pretty funny to me.
cat

Post by cat »

A while back cat suggested IBs have a capstone ability to launch characters like the zig does, but limited to factionmates only - the ability to yeet another character is too powerful/restrictive otherwise.
Just like with the zig the factionmate would DIE IN A BLAZE OF GLORY, with potential damage based on the level of the factionmate. Would suggest the IB can only zig factionmates over a specific level (maybe 5 or 10?) to prevent poor newbie Nexals being punted for fun and profit.
littleglassflowers

Post by littleglassflowers »

cat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:28 am the factionmate would DIE IN A BLAZE OF GLORY
francesca: i'm IN

This is such an incredibly powerful thread. I almost wonder if you could combine survivability into a reasoning? If the target is below 20 HP/Level 10, 'targ_string barely has any mass left; they wouldn't hurt anything if used as a weapon.'
cat

Post by cat »

IB staring at factionmate Lich with Phylactery: ◉▽◉
oath2order

Post by oath2order »

littleglassflowers wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:46 am That said...
but a tanky rescue squadron - who can load up to two factionmates (and only factionmates) and carry them around to 'rescue' them if the raid is going bad, or so on, that's kind of a cool idea? Again, it'd be VERY hard to balance, and I'm not sure if it's something that could be made to work AND be fun.
I actually really like this, because I'm imaging Song of the Word from Archons being able to bring a factionmate back home to "rescue" them.

All of this does admittedly cucks Conduit's portals.
old-school member been here since like September 2014, I finally got my original start date.
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

You shouldn't be able to force-move other player characters, except to move them into the void.

(EDIT: I have been reminded of the Wendigo exception. It's an interesting skill and we're keeping an eye on it. This is a thousand times more dramatic and would involve tearing some pretty basic things about the game code up by the roots and completely replacing them)
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
SignedName

Post by SignedName »

Kandarin wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:36 am You shouldn't be able to force-move other player characters, except to move them into the void.
So if an enemy is adjacent to a void tile, you can kick them into the pit? :P