Gameplay: Guaranteed Hide

Suggestions the development team does not plan to act on
sekki

Gameplay: Guaranteed Hide

Post by sekki »

Like harvesting. But for Hide. Obv modified by how good the hide modifiers are on the tile.
Nayru

Re: Gameplay: Guaranteed Hide

Post by Nayru »

do you prefer that to a scaling (if slowly) % increase on say hide/search to increase consistency
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
iButt

Post by iButt »

I'd also like a harvest, but for hiding.
sekki

Post by sekki »

Yea actually that would be preferable. Just wasn’t sure how difficult that’d be to add compared to “hide for X ap”

That or after failing to hide/search for X times you succeed.
Alyss

Post by Alyss »

I'd prefer Nayru's version for hiding specifically because of the nature of it technically being a risk/reward and combat mechanic. But right now the punishment for trash RNG feels too bad.
Meric

Post by Meric »

I really like the risk / reward mechanism that comes from low-ap / low skill hide attempts.

As such I do like the counter-idea posed of a scaling buff to hide attempts rather than a straight AP cost to hide.
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
cat

Post by cat »

I think it would also make both mechanical and narrative sense for the interior of powerable tiles to give a bonus to hide attempts while depowered.
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

Meric wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:31 pm I really like the risk / reward mechanism that comes from low-ap / low skill hide attempts.

As such I do like the counter-idea posed of a scaling buff to hide attempts rather than a straight AP cost to hide.
mind my bit primarily targets cases where even if you have +30 off hide tree rng is still like 'time for you to miss your ud knife coinflip 12 times in a row?' 'cause that happens mersenne twister why
cat wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:03 pm I think it would also make both mechanical and narrative sense for the interior of powerable tiles to give a bonus to hide attempts while depowered.
granted by that logic you should lose hiding that you gained because of the +X unpowered bonus when lights go back on
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
Fellis
Site Admin

Post by Fellis »

As a band-aid, I'll try to take a look at hide chances in various tile types. I don't think B5 has any 50% level hide chance locations and it probably could use some. Do people check hide chances when you pick a place to sleep? go to apartments jeez
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Apartments are good but they are often powered and have a 40% find rate.
Find rate increases the chance you'll find a hiding person, right?