Character planner and hypermap

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
plscks

Character planner and hypermap

Post by plscks »

Hello! The Nexus Clash Breath 5 Character Planner is here! It is still a project I am working on, at this point most of the backend functionality is there and I am continually working on the UI of it. Right now it might look goofy and may not be terribly mobile friendly, but please understand that it is a work in progress. If you find any bugs in it please, please, please signup/login to GitHub and submity a bug report so that I can get the issue fixed up for everyone.

In addition to the planner please note that the hypermap will be hosted from GitHub Pages directly through its repository there, and again, please submit a bug report if you find an issue with it.

I want both of these projects to reflect accurate information so the entire community can benefit from them. If you cannot do GitHub issues, then feel free to leave a bug report in this thread and I can add it to the appropriate issue tracker. Thank you very much and I hope you all enjoy playing Nexus Clash Breath 5!
"Hey, don't talk about bacon." - Frank Lapidus
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Re: Character planner and hypermap

Post by MrFrank »

Eternal Soldier's "Master of Endurance" description seems to be incorrect:
This skill grants +20 maximum HP, and heals 20 HP every time a Poison or Minor Poison effect is cured.

According to the wiki it should be:
The Eternal Soldier gains +5 to their AP and HP cap. They also gain +10 inventory space.

Also, "Way of Void" reads:
"The effects grants +5% to the factionmates of the Eternal Soldier"

According to wiki it should be +5% accuracy.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
sohdbrimks

Post by sohdbrimks »

Planner was fine earlier today but for some reason it's bugging a lot now. When I click reset or refresh the page, I seen to be getting one or two random mortal skills already selected as if they were free skills.

edit:
After picking the classes, resetting or refreshing the page, sometimes the build looks like this from the start:

Build Plan
Level CP Skill
1 -10 Engineering
30 -10 Ranged Combat
2 10 ---Level Up---
1 -10 Hand-to-Hand Combat

Removing the skills doesn't work since then I end up with extra cp.
plscks

Post by plscks »

MrFrank wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:53 pm Eternal Soldier's "Master of Endurance" description seems to be incorrect:
This skill grants +20 maximum HP, and heals 20 HP every time a Poison or Minor Poison effect is cured.

According to the wiki it should be:
The Eternal Soldier gains +5 to their AP and HP cap. They also gain +10 inventory space.

Also, "Way of Void" reads:
"The effects grants +5% to the factionmates of the Eternal Soldier"

According to wiki it should be +5% accuracy.
I'm working on getting all the descriptions worked out still, lots of changes after all :lol: But I very much appreciate the heads up!!

sohdbrimks wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:51 pm Planner was fine earlier today but for some reason it's bugging a lot now. When I click reset or refresh the page, I seen to be getting one or two random mortal skills already selected as if they were free skills.

edit:
After picking the classes, resetting or refreshing the page, sometimes the build looks like this from the start:

Build Plan
Level CP Skill
1 -10 Engineering
30 -10 Ranged Combat
2 10 ---Level Up---
1 -10 Hand-to-Hand Combat

Removing the skills doesn't work since then I end up with extra cp.
Thank you for the report on this. I've been trying to work out the kinks in this issue slowly and incrementally, hopefully things have gotten a little better with the slight changes I've made. I have also implemented some server side debugging logs to help determine the root cause.
Haweh

Post by Haweh »

It seems to be assigning about 50 or 60 CP more worth of skills than it should be. If I unselect all skills that are auto-assigned by the planner, I am at -50 CP spent.

Even if the planner auto assigns only 2 skills, if I unselect both I am still at -50CP spent.
sohdbrimks

Post by sohdbrimks »

I can't see the aura spells, I suspect they're hidden behind my lower toolbar (not sure what it's called) because the spells pane is too low.
plscks

Post by plscks »

I've done some small tweaks over the last week to hopefully help correct the issues with starting with skills selected. I'm not sure yet if it has been remedied completely. I will be going back into the overall UI of the planner in the next month or so (it has been very very busy for me IRL this week and last) to get things looking better and possibly more mobile friendly.

In hypermap news, I know it is lagging behind, which is about what I expected. I'm currently working on a version that is part of the game to make some of updates and corrections a little easier, so expect that in the coming weeks. It won't have as many features as the hypermap does, but it is something that can be built on.
Haweh

Post by Haweh »

Thanks for the great work, plscks. Got a few suggestions for text tuning on the planner:

Common Skills:
Enchant Item / Seal Magic - Specify that it allows 3 layers / 6 layers on enchantment to be placed per item.
Cosmic Mastery - "The character gains an additional increase..."
Strength - Should state that it increases Heavy Weapon accuracy by 5%, and that you build +5 forts per AP.

Paladin:
Lay On Hands - cost is 5 MO, not 15 MP.
Holy Avenger - it should specify that it is a melee weapon.

Myrmidon:
Combination Attack - append "Maximum one additional hit." Add new paragraph: If the Myrmidon changes targets, lets five minutes pass between attacks, or hits with the last attack in the combination, the bonus reverts to zero.
Combination Adept - append "Maximum two additional hits."
Combination Master - append "Maximum three additional hits."
Improved Combinations - change to "The bonus damage from Combination Attacks is increased by 1, for a total of 3 for each combo step."
Critical Hit - change to "33% chance that a combination attack jumps an extra step in a combination, or continues to deal the damage of the final step."
Enhanced Senses - Specify "but not invisible characters".

Exalted Harbinger:
Feet of the Wind - Change the last sentence to "This will allow traversing normally inaccessible terrain, but the Harbinger will still take damage from terrain hazards."

Advocate:
Add "For 3 AP" on Wing Wrap.

Eternal Soldier:
Way of the Whirlwind states its base damage as 3 on the planner. On the wiki it's 5.

Lich:
Aura of the Crypt - Planner states its damage is level/8 vs wiki which states level/4.

Revenant:
Feeding Fangs - Should better specify that it is a Hand-to-Hand attack.

Nexus Champion:
Rename Tattoo of Sorcery to Spellcraft.

Elementalist:
"Aligns the Elementalist to X" should probably be on a new line.

Conduit:
Eldritch Bond - says 25 minutes on the planner vs 25 status ticks on the wiki.

Doom Howler:
Phasing - Specify that it lasts 20 status ticks.

Wyrm Master:
Acid Blood - Specify that it is the free skill. It's rather awkward to summarize what this skill activates against. "Impact and spell attacks generally don't trigger it, but other attack types often do."?
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Post by MrFrank »

I'm aware that the planner is being worked on slowly but here's just a few things I noticed and thought I'd mention, just in case.
  • Psychometry and Psychic Bloodhound have been made available to T2 caster classes as child skills of Infuse.
  • Defiler's Soul Vampire has been moved from being a child skill of Dark Heart to a child skill of Life Vampire.
  • Taint Spell's cost is listed as 20 CP, but actual cost is 40 CP.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
Srekto

Post by Srekto »

In regards to the map, are portals going to be added at some point?