Empyreal Bond's discount is strange on Fallen

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
plum

Empyreal Bond's discount is strange on Fallen

Post by plum »

Some background:
Empyreal Bond applies a discount of Level/6 to the respawn AP cost.
Fallen's default skill Fractured Vessel causes them to spend MP instead of AP to respawn, at a rate of Level MP (compared to Level/2 AP for other classes).
Furthermore, if a Fallen does not have enough MP to respawn, they may spend AP to regenerate MP at a 1AP -> 2MP rate.

One might expect Empyreal Bond on Fallen to subtract Level/6 from the AP cost to respawn, leading to a Level/3 reduction from the MP cost.
Instead, it subtracts Level/6 from the MP cost directly, making it much worse than it is for other classes.

For example, as a level 22 Fallen, my respawns cost 22 MP (e.g. 11 AP), and my Empyreal Bond respawns cost 19 MP (e.g 9.5 AP).
On any other level 22 class, Empyreal Bond respawns would cost 8 AP, and so I would expect the Fallen Empyreal Bond respawn to cost 16 MP.
Last edited by plum on Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaltedSalmon

Re: Empyreal Bond's discount is strange on Fallen

Post by SaltedSalmon »

plum wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:25 pm they may spend AP to regenerate MP at a 1AP -> 1MP rate.
I realize you used 1AP -> 2MP for your math so the rest of the post is correct, but small mistake here.
plum

Post by plum »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:41 pm I realize you used 1AP -> 2MP for your math so the rest of the post is correct, but small mistake here.
Thanks, typo fixed.
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

should be fixed in next patch
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).