What userscript manager do you use to launch Nexus Tweaks or other NC-related userscripts?

For general discussion about the game that doesn't really delve into Mechanics (see the "Mechanics Discussion" section). In Out-of-Character discussion, you are expected to be courteous to others.

What userscript manager do you use to lauch NC-related userscript(s)?

Greasemonkey
30%
Tampermonkey
70%
Violentmonkey
No votes
Something else (details in thread)
No votes

Total votes: 10

Badziew

What userscript manager do you use to launch Nexus Tweaks or other NC-related userscripts?

Post by Badziew »

I feel tempted to write some userscripts for the game (either modules for Nexus Tweaks or something completely independent), but I have to learn that branch of programming from scratch because I have never made userscripts before.

And thus my topic and poll.

I know there are at least three different managers that could be used to launch userscripts, but I have no idea which are actually used by NC players, and so on which I should focus when testing if my userscripts work correctly.

Could you help please?
My characters (sorted by IDs): Badziew, Tiger Fist, Pilgrim, Sentient Spellbook, a trojan cat.

Check my wiki profile for more information, including contact information.
oath2order

Re: What userscript manager do you use to launch Nexus Tweaks or other NC-related userscripts?

Post by oath2order »

Tampermonkey.

Why are they all -monkey?
old-school member been here since like September 2014, I finally got my original start date.
Badziew

Re: What userscript manager do you use to launch Nexus Tweaks or other NC-related userscripts?

Post by Badziew »

I don't know, but I suspect a cheap marketing attempt: "We are like that Somethingmonkey extension, but better!"
My characters (sorted by IDs): Badziew, Tiger Fist, Pilgrim, Sentient Spellbook, a trojan cat.

Goliath

Post by Goliath »

oath2order wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:17 pm Tampermonkey.

Afaik, because they're Greasemonkey forks
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Badziew wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:33 pm I feel tempted to write some userscripts for the game (either modules for Nexus Tweaks or something completely independent), but I have to learn that branch of programming from scratch because I have never made userscripts before.

[...]

Could you help please?
Would be my utmost pleasure to help and advise.
I'm best reached through discord.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Badziew

Post by Badziew »

Goliath wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:47 pm Would be my utmost pleasure to help and advise.
I'm best reached through discord.
That's lovely and much appreciated, although I consider the project a personal programming challenge, so I plan to not ask for any help until I got seriously stuck for a long time.

oath2order

Post by oath2order »

Goliath wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:40 pm
oath2order wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:17 pm Tampermonkey.

Afaik, because they're Greasemonkey forks
Oh that makes sense then.
old-school member been here since like September 2014, I finally got my original start date.