Corrupters are insanely overpowered.

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
comradequestion

Corrupters are insanely overpowered.

Post by comradequestion »

Being able to strip any and all buffs for next to no effort, steal any manner of minion, ignore soak AND get bonuses for stealth casting?
not to mention double infusion.

Yikes. Way too many tools.
Skouth

Re: Corrupters are insanely overpowered.

Post by Skouth »

ok ok let's break this down bit by bit
>Any and all buffs for next to no effort
I'll give you this but this is the only one you'll get. It's also the defining thing corruptors do. Like being mad at conduits because they make portals.

>steal any manner of minion
foo lions said hi

>ignore soak
no one takes that skill unless they have a billion CP lying around. Ok hold up according to the stats, 6 corruptors out of 35 took that skill.

>bonuses for stealth casting
what? the small damage increase you get from casting stuff from hiding? That every class also gets? elucidate por favor.

>double infusion
literally only angels care about infusion

you're bellyaching about having your raid caught by the number one class that will fucking dismantle a raid if they catch it early. Better luck next time or refer to my manifesto on how to not catch me active some other time
which isn't to say I've never saltposted in mechanics discussion after getting my raid blown the fuck out, see my thread about foo lions for some comedy gold
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Alkasyn

Post by Alkasyn »

Skouth wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:35 pm Better luck next time or refer to my manifesto on how to not catch me active some other time
which isn't to say I've never saltposted in mechanics discussion after getting my raid blown the fuck out, see my thread about foo lions for some comedy gold
Por favor, cuentanos un poco mas de eso.

Danke.
Skouth

Post by Skouth »

Alkasyn wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:42 pm Por favor, cuentanos un poco mas de eso.

Danke.
PM'd you the fix ;)
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Yukari

Post by Yukari »

Can confirm the soak ignore skill is unreliable at best, and a bunch of the other listed tools are also available for other war mages.

Also curious about the spell hiding bonus. I recall all spells got damage bonus from hiding removed, no matter the class?

(If they remove anything, pls remove greater infuse)(from all classes 🤣)
lunalu

Post by lunalu »

You're right. Double infusion. It's too much. Delete it from EVERY class please. Infusion can take a hike
comradequestion

Skouth wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:35 pm Image
ok ok let's break this down bit by bit
>Any and all buffs for next to no effort
I'll give you this but this is the only one you'll get. It's also the defining thing corruptors do. Like being mad at conduits because they make portals.

>steal any manner of minion
foo lions said hi

>ignore soak
no one takes that skill unless they have a billion CP lying around. Ok hold up according to the stats, 6 corruptors out of 35 took that skill.

>bonuses for stealth casting
what? the small damage increase you get from casting stuff from hiding? That every class also gets? elucidate por favor.

>double infusion
literally only angels care about infusion

you're bellyaching about having your raid caught by the number one class that will fucking dismantle a raid if they catch it early. Better luck next time or refer to my manifesto on how to not catch me active some other time
You want to compare portals to being able to singled handedly purge all benefical effects from someone for free? and give them penalties too? Lol what.

Cool so there is ONE pet you cant touch. Spread that to origami dragons and 90cp elementalist pets and ill agree with you. Till then heck off.

60cp isnt much for 20% chance to say "no armor for you"

I've never gotten a bonus for stealth casting on my ele so idk

Yeah good factions have to deal with an annoying mechanic that you don't, so they're annoyed by it. WOW SHOCKING.

God you're insufferable.
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

Spell corruptor is the hard counter to buffs in the same way that absolve advocate is the hard counter to debuffs.

Honestly both ought to be rebalanced to be more of a distributed soft counter that gives lots of classes less effective tools rather than concentrating all the effect on 2 classes. Mega stacking buffs is just as OP as stripping them, and removing them one status tick at a time by attacking is grossly inadequate.

But just nerfing corruptor without giving evil (and neutral too, please) a way to manage debuffs isn't a good solution.
Skouth

Post by Skouth »

>You want to compare portals to being able to singled handedly purge all benefical effects from someone for free? and give them penalties too? Lol what.
No, I want to say that ever since this game was called WIGBL corruptors could strip stats from enemy gamers. And it's not just beneficial stats, too. Have you tried padding your status bar with worthless stuff like twitchy, painkillers, drunk, etc? Besides, there's the opportunity cost of attacking. If I attack fast enough to kill you even though you have a shitload of buffs stacked on it, before you could do anything, could this be summed up to a skill issue? Could I not beat you on another class if that's the case?

Cool so there is ONE pet you cant touch. Spread that to origami dragons and 90cp elementalist pets and ill agree with you. Till then heck off.
Do you often see corruptors toting around 5 titans anymore? Back in the day we had like 14 necros or somesuch but it's just such a pain to coordinate that stealing, not to mention inefficient. Titan pets are busted on all sides. Corruptors just get to abuse that if they have good logistics and aren't raided every other day.
TO BE HONEST THOUGH that's a part of corruptor I don't like and I've made suggestions about changing it. Class about being greedy and discarding stuff for short term gain gets incentives to steal strong, rare pets to keep a menagerie around. Feels contrary to the theme.

>60cp isnt much for 20% chance to say "no armor for you"
60cp for a skill that is anti-synergistic with the rest of the corruptor skill set seems like a lot to me. plus it's 20% chance. that's a "nice lmao" at best instead of "my entire build hinges around me hitting this 20%, jesus take the wheel"

>I've never gotten a bonus for stealth casting on my ele so idk

Code: Select all

- You attack Mustafa with your Arctic Bolt spell and hit for 10 points of unholy damage. This attack also negated the Greater Invulnerability status effect and replaced it with the Drained status effect for 10 status ticks. His armor soaked 12 points of damage. You drain a part of his lifeforce and use it to replenish your own! They were protected by a halo that crackled and spat arcs of lightning! You take 1 points of electric damage! You gain 10 XP. (2022-10-01 19:10:12).
- You invoke dark and unholy curses into your spell. This takes a toll on your health and you take 6 points of damage. (2022-10-01 19:10:12).
- You feel your invisibility fade. (2022-10-01 19:10:12).
Hey check it out neither did I. Maybe I don't have the Hide or Advanced Hide skill. The mortal skill that every class can buy.

>Yeah good factions have to deal with an annoying mechanic that you don't, so they're annoyed by it. WOW SHOCKING.
If you're referring to the DO endgame then that one's just for bragging rights at this point. The vassal slots and pact slots are real nice but overlord ES has been gutted along with normal ES, Overlord soak and dodge doesn't stack with what they get from Lord over Domain + Legion Master (which any self-respecting raid boss DO will have, along with dodge armor and rainbow soak clothes), and the increased duration on spells and skills are nice but not gamebreaking.
You don't have to engage with infusion. Stop it. Get some help.

>God you're insufferable.
I know, it's awful, isn't it.
FOO LION DELENDA EST
comradequestion

Klapaucius wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:06 pm Spell corruptor is the hard counter to buffs in the same way that absolve advocate is the hard counter to debuffs.

Honestly both ought to be rebalanced to be more of a distributed soft counter that gives lots of classes less effective tools rather than concentrating all the effect on 2 classes. Mega stacking buffs is just as OP as stripping them, and removing them one status tick at a time by attacking is grossly inadequate.

But just nerfing corruptor without giving evil (and neutral too, please) a way to manage debuffs isn't a good solution.
There is so much rebalancing that needs to be done overall. My issue is that there is no counter play to it, its totally free, and its guaranteed, and it works on things it probably shouldn't, like defensive stance.Which is my ONLY method of preventing it, and like he said above 20% chance is just jesus take the wheel and hope it works.

Surprised DO's don't have some kind of debuff cleanse though, they probably should since they're the main evil support class.

I will admit though, I thought there was a buff limit, So i've never tried to just stack a wall of them, which im going to start doing because why not.