How to make barricades relevant in T3?

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
SignedName

Re: How to make barricades relevant in T3?

Post by SignedName »

Goliath wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:55 pm
SignedName wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:57 am Maybe Barricades connected to a SH ward would be impassible by hostile alignments until they're destroyed? Fits in with the idea of taking and holding territory.
And makes getting inside an enemy SH even more of an AP tax. Against.
By "connected to a SH ward" note that I don't mean "on the same tile as the SH". I'm talking about adjacent tiles (and tiles that connect to those tiles, etc.*), essentially expanding the size of the area a stronghold can control. So the idea would be to make a breach in the perimeter of controlled territory, and then launch an attack on the SH.

*Basically, if there's a line of barricades connecting back towards the SH, that line of barricades blocks movement. But if a section of barricade is cut off from the SH, it becomes traversable.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

This still prevents people who could usually jump barricades to raid a barricaded SH, as they'd need to break through a line of barricades to reach it, thus becoming an AP tax.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

I think given that barricades are currently aligned rather than factional, it doesn't make sense to have them be an extension of the ward. If they were reinvisioned to be factional when connected to a stronghold, you could do something like connect the barricade HP to the ward hp, so that the ward takes damage when the barricade does.

Particularly if this type of barricade was made to allow allied rather than aligned, this would allow you to protect a few adjacent squares, but would make it slightly harder to immediately respond to ward pings, so overall a mixed bag.

So, say the faction had three layers of fully constructed barricades. Raid team comes along, breaks the first layer down (ward now at 500 HP and a hole in the cades). They still can't fly past the second layer. They bust the second layer, the ward is down and the barricades revert to normal aligned barricades, and the raid team can fly over the last barricade to the SH, which is now wardless.

On the down side, it would be a bit awkward to implement. I haven't really thought through the ramifications.

Nb this type of barricade would be actually useful for evils too, since it would give them some ability to co-operate and carve out friendly spaces if they so choose, which the current system doesn't really provide.