Sense Magic Refund Request (et. misc.)

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
Huojin

Sense Magic Refund Request (et. misc.)

Post by Huojin »

So as was discovered belatedly, Sense Magic is no longer necessary to see what potions are when an alchemist has brewed them, as alchemists can now label what they've made.

As a number of us are holding out for a refund on Sense Magic on this basis, this is a thread to request that refund.

There are also a number of ongoing discussions and general sentiment that Sense Magic is basically a skill tax that should be removed or significantly tweaked, or perhaps a passive ability attained once you hit Tier 2 - people are welcome to voice those thoughts here too.
darkwingstalker

Re: Sense Magic Refund Request (et. misc.)

Post by darkwingstalker »

Have a few characters that bought this before realising the only thing it lets you do is see the cost of portals (which arguably should be free for all to see) and so it's just needed for potions you find, which seems like v limited utility for 10cp, so would agree with this thread (and the idea of removing Sense Magic) broadly.
Haweh

Post by Haweh »

Same here. I bought Sense Magic on a few combat class-line characters under the assumption that it would be needed for identifying potions (particularly potions made by alchemists).

The change to alchemy potions being labelled means that this skill lost a fair bit of use case for those classes.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Same, I bought Sense Magic wanting to know what potions my factionmates crafted for combat. Now they come labelled :o
A parrot would love a Sense Refund
🦜
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
TheGoof

Post by TheGoof »

Minor point, it's also necessary to use Soul/Blood Ice. Perhaps this is a suggestion for another thread but if alchemists can label their own potions one could argue that Defilers ought be able to label their ice, if not at least self-identify.
The Real McCoy [12539], The Gruff Gunfighter [12552], The Wireless Wingnut [12559], The Automated Assassin [14192]
CutterJohn

Post by CutterJohn »

Needing sense magic to identify potions makes it quite useful, if still an annoying skill taxy use of 10cp. Considering the vast majority of potions that will be used will be labeled by the local alchemist, it is now a 10cp mistake in my character's builds. These characters and their human player would be very grateful for a sense magic refund.
BLORTH

Post by BLORTH »

TheGoof wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:29 pm Minor point, it's also necessary to use Soul/Blood Ice.
Perhaps that could be changed as well. It's silly that I can see Blood Ice on the ground but when I pick them up they become small red gems.
- Your Adorable Puppy has been destroyed! It has been removed from your inventory.
- Lychwood gave you an An even cuter puppy, a Stygian Bone Leech.
Warharan

Post by Warharan »

Why not rework Sense Magic to Magical affinity granting additional bonuses? (of the balanced kind.;) )

Perhaps increased 'status ticks' duration with potions for example?
Stuff like that.
Note that my avatar is merely the coat of arms of the city where I live.
But feel free to add additional meaning to that.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Warharan wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:00 pm Why not rework Sense Magic to Magical affinity granting additional bonuses? (of the balanced kind.;) )

Perhaps increased 'status ticks' duration with potions for example?
Stuff like that.
That'd make an interesting skill, sure, but wizards already have extra potion duration.
Also, doesn't make much sense that T1 characters who can't use MP get a skill about sensing that.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz