Bond of the Mechanical + crossbow / bow / sling?

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
SkullFace

Bond of the Mechanical + crossbow / bow / sling?

Post by SkullFace »

Can Bond of the Mechanical be used with bows, slings et al?
Badziew

Re: Bond of the Mechanical + crossbow / bow / sling?

Post by Badziew »

For me it does not seem to fit thematically, as ammunition for these weapons is usually not "mechanical" in nature.
Although I do can imagine adding new kinds of ammunition in game that would fit thematically with the Skill (for example 100% metal arrows) and thus qualify for the Skill.
My characters (sorted by IDs): Badziew, Tiger Fist, Pilgrim, Sentient Spellbook, a trojan cat.

Check my wiki profile for more information, including contact information.
Tadpole

Re: Bond of the Mechanical + crossbow / bow / sling?

Post by Tadpole »

Maybe just reword the fluff text of the skill a bit, so that rather than it having to be a mechanical weapon, the Fallen uses its bond of the mechanical to imbue and pervade the weapon with it's mechanical essence, essentially doing what Badziew is proposing. (actually there is no fluff text, but looking at the skill entry on wiki it does say it works for slings).

A fallen realising it is out of rocks, and scratching off some metal shavings, skin and blood, and forming it into a small projective for a sling is epic.
Or unflinchingly pulling apart a bit of it's umbrella metal wings to create a makeshift arrow and shooting it at someone :shock: