NPCs are tools for the evil factions

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
Liemannen

NPCs are tools for the evil factions

Post by Liemannen »

NPCs are nothing but Ice factories for the evil factions, they can't truly fight against demons milking them for the precious Blood Ice and Soul Ice.

Angelic characters should cull the NPCs to deny these valuable resources to the enemy.
SkullFace

Re: NPCs are tools for the evil factions

Post by SkullFace »

Introduce a Blessing (5 XP per) that can be put upon NPCs such that Ice cannot be harvested for 15 minutes?
Liemannen

Post by Liemannen »

Maybe some sort of Baptism (prevents Ice harvesting for several hours) would be nice.

Or maybe angels should just purge them without mercy. Finally some good use for Hand of Zealotry.
Repth

Post by Repth »

NPC's not being 'fully-fledged' souls of the Nexus opens up doors for certain skills and skill interactions to not work on them, in my opinion.
RKBBQ

Post by RKBBQ »

Soul ice economy has already been a bit bonkers this breath, and I'm inclined to say that's alright. It's a boon for crafters, and allows demons more cooperation for MP generation and logistics (because, realistically, despite the flavoring of DH, the practical effect is you're asking nicely on Discord before tapping people/people need to let it be known ahead of time that they're okay getting tapped).

The issue is more that neutral and good crafters don't have an omnicomponent that's as easy to generate - spellgems, especially trashgems, were hyperabundant in B4, but with so many new use cases in B5, and the fact that it's the omnicomponent for both neutrals and goods, the impact on their logistics workflows are much more noticeable. I would prefer to work out new (alignment-inspired) methods for neutrals and goods to generate omnicomps and make spellgems omnicomps for evils as well instead of nerfing the new soul ice economy.

[Note that these are untested, off-the-cuff remarks and should not be read as indicative of anything more.]
Active: Alexios (12693) | Johnny (12760) | Libby (12549) | Red (12555) | Sal (12599) | Gourmand (12808) | 02 (13907)
Released: George (12805) | Remy (12541) | VC (12538) | Silurus (12540)
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

NPCs are a drop in the slice bucket. Overall they benefit good much more so, because good was previously the shortest on hunting targets.

Evil alchemy has the virtue of not being a damned pain in the arse, which I can't say about good and neutral alchemy. Don't make it also painful, make none of it painful.
oath2order

Post by oath2order »

Klapaucius wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:55 am NPCs are a drop in the slice bucket. Overall they benefit good much more so, because good was previously the shortest on hunting targets.

Evil alchemy has the virtue of not being a damned pain in the arse, which I can't say about good and neutral alchemy. Don't make it also painful, make none of it painful.
Bingo. It's going to be nice having NPC angels floating around, so that I have single targets to annoy. I don't want to raid good factions and kill angels; I'm allied with most of them. Having NPC angels is great.
old-school member been here since like September 2014, I finally got my original start date.