`So you're saying we should buff IB`

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
Cerce

`So you're saying we should buff IB`

Post by Cerce »

Hoi Nexus denizen's and such its your gal Cerce coming at you to complain and point out why it really feels like the lates patch feels like be angel be buffed or be demon be dead! Lets start off with the one dat "fun" skill they decided to give to all angel players paladins and Shepards lol. For the low price of 1 ap and 5 mp for paladin and prayer for Shepards "Sense evil" is a detection skill dat allows for all T2 good characters to detect evil mo character (so not limited to just demons lovely and if paired with HOZ neutrals too lol) on a tile so every angel is just a exalted but better at it with detecting all evils now. They nerfed reveal by making it detect only invisibles and made it so you have to use 2 skills to find someone with the addition of this beyond useless(my opinion of course) skill "sixth sense" that they made specially to find hidden with the low cost of 7 mp lol...but don't worry they reveal 3 mp at least!!! Don't worry they also made es, rev, and of course pets unable to find or see hidden as well lol but at least they get a 100% chance of searching a random tile so yay!! Also made DO true-sight only able to see invisible's so why waste a GI potion when you can hide behind a tree lol. Made angels the new es for all evils lol and nerfed a very much played classes for "Great updates balances once again to favor goods lol"

I could rant about some more but rather move on in point out why make spells more expensive for some random reason oh but auto hit is left alone woooo! Also this not being able to kill and convert lvl 9 and below gotta be the really silly since only people not outside their sh are new people or someone dat doesn't know if you hide not even a rev can find you now so good bye to leveling up necro's or getting more ghouls lol.

Resisting going on and ranting about the rest but I am just pointing on the most horrid ones that jump out in general and just want to be clear I don't really feel any thing besides the extra ap for surviving outside was really an update or really felt freshen out or even pointed out cause in honest just felt rushed and just in general more buffs for angels I guess and nerf for everything but a infernal Behemoth I guess cause it seem lately lets buff IB once again and ignore every other demon class that needs fixing like how Wyrm masters are still horrible and corruptors are still horrible along with vws the meme of how bad they are still remain horrible.

I don't mean to trash or disvalue anyones work dev/admin wise I really just pointing out how sadden I am with all the main things I'm seeing that really just made a bunch of new can of worms, a vast majority are still pointing out and complaining but enough of dat I said my piece, thank you for reading Bap!
CERCE WAT YOU DO?
Kraufen

Re: `So you're saying we should buff IB`

Post by Kraufen »

I can see your points. At the same time I don't have anything against killing level 9s and below and converting them thing. Being killed by pets as a newb feels awful as you can't do anything to them at all. It literally encourages newbie killing.

Anyways don't liches have the floating corpse thing?
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

I don't think new players should be protected from getting killed. I think it goes against the spirit of the game. I think they should be rewarded for dying more explicitly.
Cerce

Post by Cerce »

Dats more a case more for necros and ghouls being a rather big mp resource consume as it goes those are hard to up keep and not being able to turn someone regardless of lvl is rather silly cause dats been how liches have been doing in general since the start. I'm not encouraging or saying killing lvl 9 and below is great or should be done but its rather ridiculous to place that bar on dem when we all know full well they will die regardless to any pet wall or pm cause just by standing in front of any pm pet wall they will die and nerfing the liches ability to grow its ghoul army or nerco titan an't do much but make it harder on liches to grow their pet walls. Also lift corpses cost 1 ap 5 mp and then 1 ap 10 mp to convert into a ghoul and who has a total 100 Ap 40 mp 60 hp and burn out rather quick simple from action and pet tick alone they vanish quick so ver summoning corpses does cost pretty penny in the long run of dat and let along a necro needing 3 of dem to summon it and then it required to kill players to make it stronger
CERCE WAT YOU DO?
Cerce

Post by Cerce »

Klapaucius wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:59 am I don't think new players should be protected from getting killed. I think it goes against the spirit of the game. I think they should be rewarded for dying more explicitly.
They are already protected as it is by not being worth 0 to any exp what is looks like sometimes is they just can't die till lvl 10 is what it feels like with this weird changes which won't change or alter the "protect" new players from being grieved, well their are plenty of other things dat will kill dem in general just from kill stat alone
CERCE WAT YOU DO?
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Cerce wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:31 pmAlso this not being able to kill and convert lvl 9 and below gotta be the really silly since only people not outside their sh are new people or someone dat doesn't know if you hide not even a rev can find you now so good bye to leveling up necro's or getting more ghouls lol.
I can explain this one - it's not so much about keeping new players from getting killed (anyone who gets too upset about that won't be happy in this game at high levels) as a necessity for another change in the patch.

A lot of the new player experience now is tied to your faction, and getting killed as a Mortal strands you (potentially) on the other side of Cordillera where it'll take your whole AP cycle to get back to your stronghold. We wanted to add a thing (and did in the past) where Mortals always respawn close to their stronghold, but unfortunately veteran players figured out that they could team up a Lich with a few deathfarmers and use this mechanic to get hundreds of ghouls in a very short time with near-zero effort.

This was a ludicrously overpowered strategy and if we'd let it stand it'd be the one and only true raid strategy that every faction would have to adopt across the board to be competitive. So we got rid of the "mortals always respawn near their stronghold" mechanic.

Recently this issue came up again, and this time we decided the other way - we want mortals to respawn near their strongholds for ease of starting experience, but to do that the ability to make mortals into zombies and ghouls must be sacrificed. Discussion on Discord this time suggested that players considered ghoul conversion of mortals to be an acceptable loss for such an important improvement to the mortal experience.

Either mortals can be turned into ghouls when killed by ghouls, or mortals can be made to preferentially respawn near their strongholds. It's one or the other and we can't have both - and we felt that the latter was more important. You could make the case that we should have sacrificed the latter to preserve the former, but given that that choice is what's at stake, that's the argument that would have to be made.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Cerce wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:31 pm Resisting going on and ranting about the rest but I am just pointing on the most horrid ones that jump out in general and just want to be clear I don't really feel any thing besides the extra ap for surviving outside was really an update or really felt freshen out or even pointed out cause in honest just felt rushed and just in general more buffs for angels I guess and nerf for everything but a infernal Behemoth I guess cause it seem lately lets buff IB once again and ignore every other demon class that needs fixing like how Wyrm masters are still horrible and corruptors are still horrible along with vws the meme of how bad they are still remain horrible.
Nexus is a game with a lot of complexity and the development team are all volunteers, so a lot of development happens in the order that someone feels excited about a mechanic. When a dev has a fun idea for a new skill, it's not viable with a volunteer devteam to tell them not to add it because the class it goes to already has so much and others haven't been fully balanced up. That passion and energy is what devteam runs on.

We are aware however that there has been an imbalance where some B5 classes have gotten more energy and attention than others. Much of the Breath so far has been spent in a reactive way by necessity as there has been a lot of basic bug and issue fixing that we have had to catch up with. Going forward, we hope the B5 Nexus is now in a condition where we can start grappling with these issues and flesh out underdeveloped classes and their issues more.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Karlito

Post by Karlito »

Y'all sense evil complainers know that it works on inside and outside separately right? It's cool, but worse than enhanced senses.
Stoopkid

Post by Stoopkid »

I agree with most of Cerce's post but as a lich with Necro I don't mind not being able to feed mortals to it, I actually like not having the incentive to kill mortals, I try to avoid killing them unless they're death farming anyway. I think that Necro is very difficult to power up regardless of the recent change, but I think the way to fix that is make feeding it T3's give an increased benefit like double stacks or something.

I also think DO's should get actual true sight back on their territory, it doesn't make any sense that magical invisibility can't evade them but hiding can, and it will be almost impossible to defend territory from hidden infusers otherwise. I think good should be given a real incentive to claim territory as well and should get similarly strong benefits rather than weakening the DO's benefits
Nova

Post by Nova »

Regarding spell costs, the idea was to make casting spells from memory less/not worth it but charging gems worth it, such that spells would be a sort of "mid point" between weapons and innates. The goal was for it to be a thing you'd prep in advance instead of just running in and killing 5 dudes off a full MP bar with no prep besides letting regen happen.