Wraith nerfs

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
Klapaucius

Re: Wraith nerfs

Post by Klapaucius »

I think having wraiths wandering the nexus was cool, but they were a bit excessively effective. +1 knowing what your wraiths are doing. +1 making it feasible to release them into the wild instead of a death sentence.

One maybe thought: you could make... all the remaining wraiths masterless if the lich is killed by their own wraith. So you can summon a few if you're willing to take the death on the chin. It's a compromise anyway.

The only additional thing that's jumping into my mind is that wraiths are also mediocre for using as an active pet. I get the impression that per design, this is their primary use case but they really don't make the grade for being summoned immediately before a raid because their damage kinda sucks.
Last edited by Klapaucius on Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leila

Post by Leila »

As someone who was working toward becoming a wraith lich and now sees no point in going down the lich route at all (because being a traditional PM is incredibly boring), I agree with all of this and the suggestions offered.
"They could do nothing individually. So they went mad, en masse."
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Klapaucius wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:56 pm I think having wraiths wandering the nexus was cool, but they were a bit excessively effective.
That's the reasoning behind the wraith patch.
Klapaucius wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:56 pm +1 knowing what your wraiths are doing.
The idea of not telling the summoner what their ex-pets are doing is because the connection between PM and pet breaks. Though I agree it's much more interesting for the PM if it's the other way around, and will see if it can be made that way.
Klapaucius wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:56 pm +1 making it feasible to release them into the wild instead of a death sentence.
Disagree. I'd rather keep Wraiths as a high-risk high-reward (which isn't currently in, and should be fixed), and if the Lich needs a way to safely create a swarm I'd rather it be another type of pet or with very stringent conditions.
Klapaucius wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:56 pm One maybe thought: you could make... all the remaining wraiths masterless if the lich is killed by their own wraith. So you can summon a few if you're willing to take the death on the chin. It's a compromise anyway.
Making wraiths go feral on their PM's death sounds very logical. That's probably something that can be fixed very quickly.
Klapaucius wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:56 pm The only additional thing that's jumping into my mind is that wraiths are also mediocre for using as an active pet. I get the impression that per design, this is their primary use case but they really don't make the grade for being summoned immediately before a raid because their damage kinda sucks.
As mentioned, they should be high-risk high-reward, but the high-reward is currently missing and due a fix.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz