Incendia Conicio AoE damage

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
NearNihil

Incendia Conicio AoE damage

Post by NearNihil »

According to the wiki (https://wiki.nexusclash.com/wiki/Incendia_Conicio), it has an AoE component. My to-be melee Seraph could pick it up for a cheap 30cp AoE thing, but I'm interested in how the numbers work.
It states:
Damage: 10/100
10+[Firearms Bonus] per target
10*(Base damage(10)+Firearms Bonus) maximum
Which Firearms bonus are we talking about? Accuracy? Does it get boosted if I roll the right prayers? What about if I drink accuracy potions? Are the targets' defenses taken into account? Bonuses from hiding? Given the base accuracy of 25%, is a melee Seraph going to be doing 12.5/125? How high do the numbers go for a Clockwork Cannon-focused Seraph?

All of this is probably redundant given how little I've seen AoE used in favor of just... y'know, shanking the pet master and/or bringing your own pets, but I like playing Pyro in Team Fortress 2 so it'd be a fun RP component I think. Also flamers on a WH40K Tech Priest type character seems cool.
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!
Klapaucius

Re: Incendia Conicio AoE damage

Post by Klapaucius »

The firearm damage bonus will probably be the +damage written on your character page in the firearm section. Definitely not the accuracy bonus - though that should affect the hit rate. The accuracy and the damage will be completely separate.

The hit rate will be your firearm hit rate. The way aoe works, the hit rate corresponds to how many characters need to be present in order to get the full value out of the aoe. For instance, at 100% hit rate for a 10 damage 100 cap aoe, you need ~17 people around to get the full damage potential. If the hit rate was 50%, you would need ~34 people around.

On the damage front, the page explicitly mentions crusader piety, which only works vs evil. I think there's a few open question marks...

- Does hide bonus help?
- Does the affinity potion bonus help?
- does the crusader piety bonus *actually* help? Does it always give more total damage or just if there are evil characters present? Mysterious!

Overall this an exciting opportunity in clockwork science.