Fix VW and stop buffing IBs

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
Sac

Fix VW and stop buffing IBs

Post by Sac »

Are you devs fucking serious?

IBs are already ridiculously OP and now you're giving them more? The skill itself is questionable in its value but the real issue is instead of working on something IBs did not need, you could have been fixing a gimped-to-fuck class, which is VW.

Is that simple enough to understand?
Sac

Re: Fix VW and stop buffing IBs

Post by Sac »

To explain, now that I've taken a breath...

The core premise of this game has always been Class 1 > Class 2 > Class 3 > Class 1.

We now have a situation where one class has it all and one that used to be the ideal glass-cannon is barely even a glass pop-gun. To be pretty blunt, this targeted buffing and nerfing of specific classes has been becoming more prevalent as the breaths have gone on and it's no secret at all that certain devs have been playing favourites with some classes and flat out openly despise others. (Yeah... coming from being hunted down by VWs).

Give it a fucking break and get back to the core fundamental principles of the game.
Fellis
Site Admin

Re: Fix VW and stop buffing IBs

Post by Fellis »

This is not entirely directed at you Sac, but this is a convenient place to say this.

This game is, and always will be a volunteer effort. This unfortunately means that we are on a volunteer schedule of "we do it as we have time to". I do apologize that VW is still broken, because that is something that I had great interest in fixing. At first I wanted to devote some good time to making a rework, then IRL happened. Then I wanted to just get it in a better spot with numbers changes without significantly reworking the abilities (a big source of the issues), then IRL happened. Now I probably need to just let other dev deal with it, because it's a few months later and I'm still not able to find time to work on Nexus Clash.

It's really easy to be vitriolic to dev and how we are fucking up the game, but just a few years ago there would have been no hope of anything getting fixed. We're pushing 1+ updates a month and have been for awhile, so please have some patience. Just look at things like skill buybacks and Sense Magic getting removed. We've also recruited more people into the team recently. The game is moving forward bit by bit.

If you are feeling angry, it might be time to take a break from the game. We'll be here when you come back, and hopefully VW will be fixed. Maybe the VW fixes were outside the airlocks all along.

I'm locking this because I don't think there's really anything productive that can come of this thread.