Holy Champion build?

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
comradequestion

Holy Champion build?

Post by comradequestion »

Been awhile since i've played but I see throwing cars is back from NW and thats GREAT news. That being said, Holy Champs massive skill revamp makes me wonder how viable they are now, and in what way. All good suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.
Klapaucius

Re: Holy Champion build?

Post by Klapaucius »

I have a HC which is reasonably effective. I'll briefly outline some of my thoughts:

- Heavy thrown HC isn't very good as a main focus. Lots of the HC skills only affect innates, and super heavies don't count. You're forced not to use the ranged accuracy skill because you have to have ox active. Overall, its annoyingly unsynergistic. It's a passable opportunistic weapon for a regular thrown HC, but its too unreliable to rely on it and it means an extra 60 cp worth of skills for a 'sometimes' weapon (nexal return, aspect of the ox, strength, maybe also sharp vision since your accuracy is gonna be pretty bad).
- Spell HC is strong. Great damage but heavily MP gated. It turns out to be very, very dependent on having an advocate to follow you around buffing you and/or other logistical support
- HC is really awkward to play. A lot of the skills aren't really cohesive and the skills panel is an absolute mess once you've bought all 4 cloaks plus some other skills
- Some skills are still a bit buggy - particularly relating to supplemental (holy radiance, ineffable mystery)
- The bonus to damage against people who've killed angels is unreliable because liches hoover up all the corpses from across the nexus very quickly
- The movement + searching abilities are excellent
- They're solid tanks, but they are a little bit slow (only 5-6 aura damage compared to other tanks). They're not quite as potion reliant as some other tanks, which is a nice bonus
- While the basic HC skillset encourages thrown, once you factor in advocate buffs and the power of strength potions, melee is probably slightly stronger

Char link clash.php?op=character&id=1448
RKBBQ

Post by RKBBQ »

(IBs, on the other hand, are even better this breath and have great super-heavy synergy if you're interested in an evil class.)
Active: Alexios (12693) | Johnny (12760) | Libby (12549) | Red (12555) | Sal (12599) | Gourmand (12808) | 02 (13907)
Released: George (12805) | Remy (12541) | VC (12538) | Silurus (12540)
comradequestion

Post by comradequestion »

Damn, well thats kinda disappointing, I really liked HCs in 3/3.5 because of how diverse they could be, while still being effective. Guess ill just make a seraph.

Yeah I already planned to make an IB, they are my go to evil class. Elementalist being my go to neutral, SUPER happy they are back too. I hated Lich.