The state of infusion

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
lunalu

Re: The state of infusion

Post by lunalu »

A lot of this hits the nail on the head. +1
I would be more invested in infusion with the suggestions above. Also agree with Southall in that there's a lot of cp needed if you want to play the infusion game which can be off-putting if you are new to this breath
oath2order

Post by oath2order »

tremor3258 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:35 pm Genuinely if the infusion game is supposed to be the big end game should have never given mechanical benefits to only one side.
Which side gets benefits? I'm no sure I understand
old-school member been here since like September 2014, I finally got my original start date.
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

oath2order wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:11 pm Which side gets benefits? I'm no sure I understand
Evil with Dark Oppressors, in general.
Tadpole

Post by Tadpole »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:23 pm
oath2order wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:11 pm Which side gets benefits? I'm no sure I understand
I think the only raid to flip a tile from full infusion to full the opposite way was a good raid using Nimbus of Conquest, which is a skill for Exalted Herald?

https://wiki.nexusclash.com/wiki/Nimbus_of_Conquest

Either way I agree with the suggestions in the post.
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Tadpole wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:35 am
SaltedSalmon wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:23 pm
I think the only raid to flip a tile from full infusion to full the opposite way was a good raid using Nimbus of Conquest, which is a skill for Exalted Herald?
https://wiki.nexusclash.com/wiki/Nimbus_of_Conquest
Either way I agree with the suggestions in the post.
?
Yeah but no Good classes get benefits from having tiles infused. Dark Oppressor does.
Huojin

Post by Huojin »

Yeah, there's no benefit for Good (or Unaligned) in holding territory, except denying it to Evil and making their lives slightly easier. We need some kind of end-game content there for the other alignments to actually provide an incentive.

Just while we're on the topic of infusion more generally though - to the extent it's retained in its current form, please can we make it a grindable thing? I'm sure some limits would have to be put in place, but it would make it at least a little more appealing if there was some long term benefit.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Huojin wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:08 am Just while we're on the topic of infusion more generally though - to the extent it's retained in its current form, please can we make it a grindable thing? I'm sure some limits would have to be put in place, but it would make it at least a little more appealing if there was some long term benefit.
As long as this badge counts passive infusion (and thus can be earned by playing normally), I'm 100% on-board with it.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
cat

Post by cat »

Goliath wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:12 am As long as this badge counts passive infusion (and thus can be earned by playing normally), I'm 100% on-board with it.
Disagree. Lots of badges require a skill to be bought and actioned to grind them, this is the same.
Including passive infusion would mean getting the infusion badge incidentally, which doesn't make sense.
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

Separate badges for passive and active infusion, makes sense to me! (but also delete active infusion in its current form)
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

cat wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:30 am
Goliath wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:12 am As long as this badge counts passive infusion (and thus can be earned by playing normally), I'm 100% on-board with it.
Disagree. Lots of badges require a skill to be bought and actioned to grind them, this is the same.
Including passive infusion would mean getting the infusion badge incidentally, which doesn't make sense.
Lots of badges are bad design, so, argument negated.