Is killing people effective anymore?

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
SaltedSalmon

Is killing people effective anymore?

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Now that people gain EXP upon respawn and people have their respawns discounted (Looking at you: Transcedence copies, Last Rites, and Dark Priesthood), how much does killing people actually accomplish? Are kills actually helping the war situation?
Last edited by SaltedSalmon on Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SharkyNebula

Re: Is killing people effective anymore?

Post by SharkyNebula »

killing people is an effective way to express your disdain for them
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

If it doesn't hurt them enough then its not a effective way to express disdain.
sohdbrimks

Post by sohdbrimks »

Even if respawn costs are lower they still have to travel back to their SH so it's pretty effective at wasting their ap.
SharkyNebula

Post by SharkyNebula »

and having transcendence/hellspawn/angelwhatever AND a sh on the outer planes is admitting you don't have an active stake in the war
Skouth

Post by Skouth »

killing people accomplishes me having fun by acquiring numbers
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

Killing people is broadly quite disruptive to them doing whatever it was they were doing, if they were trying to accomplish a particular task. If they were just feralling about non specifically, it's not very disruptive.

That seems like an appropriate compromise between killing being an important part of the war, and not too punishing when you actually die, especially as a feral.

Having killing your enemies progress your cause/alignment in a positive way would be much more interesting to me than having it be more punishing on the characters who were defeated.
Haweh

Post by Haweh »

people die when they are killed

Jokes aside, yeah, killing people who are doing something or are otherwise involved in factioned play can end up being a massive AP loss for them (respawn + get back to their SH/whatever they were doing).

For ferals I suppose they only pay that respawn cost, but on the flip side they're also feral so they have way less resources to work with overall. A good trade off, I think.
Conanberg

Post by Conanberg »

I participated in some killing today with the gang and I netted somewhere around 700-800 experience. I would say killing is still worth it. They did increase the amount of experience required to gain levels so that may have something to do with your position.

I don't know much about the previous breaths, but did you always get less experience for killing players with significantly lower level than you? Most of those who I shot today were maxed out so that wasn't an issue but I have noticed getting little to no experience shooting at T1's and T2's. Not that I am going to let a thing like that stop me of course.
Catvom

Post by Catvom »

Conanberg wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:50 am I don't know much about the previous breaths, but did you always get less experience for killing players with significantly lower level than you? Most of those who I shot today were maxed out so that wasn't an issue but I have noticed getting little to no experience shooting at T1's and T2's. Not that I am going to let a thing like that stop me of course.
Yes, this has been the case for a number of breaths now.

With the xp increase for a number of non combat activities, combat is certainly no longer the best way to level compared to previous breaths, but still usually worth it.