Foo lions: spamming repair

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
SaltedSalmon

Re: Foo lions: spamming repair

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Klapaucius wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:40 pm 1) It's janky to have a pet act 20 times on the pet tick. It made me think it was a bug.
2) One foo lion isn't worse than multiple foo lions. If a faction had 3 LS with the foo lions all rejuved up to have a bunch of AP, you would hope it would be better but it's not particularly, since you can just rejuv one foo lion to have the same hp. All it does it mean you have to kill 3 instead of 1, it doesn't really improve the effect
3) It adds to the raid chore list, and particularly the level of coordination required
4) It can lead to a unlimited refortification with enough prep
1)Agreed
2)Disagree. A Foo Lion can only have so much HP. Multiple Foo Lions means there are more important targets to kill, which is more troublesome.
3)When raiding a good faction, what you need to do is already obvious for everyone- Kill all pets ASAP, THEN go for players/forts. Foo Lions don't change anything.
4)How so?
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:09 pm 1)Agreed
2)Disagree. A Foo Lion can only have so much HP. Multiple Foo Lions means there are more important targets to kill, which is more troublesome.
3)When raiding a good faction, what you need to do is already obvious for everyone- Kill all pets ASAP, THEN go for players/forts. Foo Lions don't change anything.
4)How so?

2) Sorry, I wrote this incorrectly in my original point. I meant, you can rejuv one foo lion to have the AP of 3, not hp. You're right, it's slightly better to have more hp. But it's not 3x better, because it's still just an 'are you paying attention' check, that makes you dump a tonne of AP if you aren't, and a fair bit if you are (need to manually kill passive lions. You can't even dispel them with a corrupter)
3) I'm not going to die on this hill, at the end of the day it's a valid design choice even if I'm not super keen on it
4) You can manually rejuv your lions, and stack AP to arbitrarily high levels (as per my above note). Therefore, a single foo lion does not have a limit on fort repair

I'm not here to propose solutions, just to complain. But a single ~50-100 point fort repair per lion, based on MP rather than AP, if the forts were attacked, would make a lot of sense to me.
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Klapaucius wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:50 pm 2) Sorry, I wrote this incorrectly in my original point. I meant, you can rejuv one foo lion to have the AP of 3, not hp. You're right, it's slightly better to have more hp. But it's not 3x better, because it's still just an 'are you paying attention' check, that makes you dump a tonne of AP if you aren't, and a fair bit if you are (need to manually kill passive lions. You can't even dispel them with a corrupter)
4) You can manually rejuv your lions, and stack AP to arbitrarily high levels (as per my above note). Therefore, a single foo lion does not have a limit on fort repair
2/4) Stacking +300 AP in a Foo Lion runs means killing the lion is a waste of a lot of MP on the Defender's part, specially since Foo Lions are so expensive (30 MP for 100 AP)
Klapaucius wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:50 pm I'm not here to propose solutions, just to complain. But a single ~50-100 point fort repair per lion, based on MP rather than AP, if the forts were attacked, would make a lot of sense to me.
Not gonna lie, 100 HP of repairs sounds awfully useless.