Tattoo of Balance/Equilibrium needs a rework

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
abh35

Tattoo of Balance/Equilibrium needs a rework

Post by abh35 »

This is kind of a rant post. But the Tattoo of Balance/Equilibrium skills are essentially useless for a Nexus Champion.

The free skill that you get when you ascend to T3 is supposed to be a signature skill of a class. And it should give some solid advantages that define the class.

For Eternal Soldiers - Way of Vim is a solid skill for not just ES but any class in general and useful under all circumstances.
For Revenants - Strength of Darkness does have disadvantages during the day, but it ties in to the whole lore of the revenant.

For Nexus Champions - ToB is kind of meh..
The damage bonus that NC gets when attacking is dependent on their current MO which is appropriate according to "a Nexus Champion rejects the power of moral absolutes that drives Angels and Demons and strives for true balance in all things."

But this gives a gives a damage window of 10 damage in order to receive a +4 damage bonus and 60 damage in order to receive +3 damage bonus.

Lets assume that a NC has adjusted his MO to 0.5 before attacking a good faction. So when he attacks a good character, he has to just deal 11 damage in order to lose the +4 damage bonus. The will get +4 damage for 1 measly hit.
Similarly, if they start at MO adjusted to 3, then they will need to deal just 60 damage in order to lose the +3 bonus. Which again can be achieved in 3-4 hits (assuming full myrmidon combination tree).

I am not even going into the inconvenience of managing MO to try to get it into the sweet spot of -3 to 3. I figured other classes (Good and Evil) also have to deal with maintaining their MO in some way or other so its fine.

ToE is slightly better though it's only utility is when the NC gets attacked when offline. If my SH gets raided and i have for some reason spent AP to maintain MO in the critical sweet spot before going offline, I will get bonus defense and some bonus damage. Again, this skill is useless in raids or attacks because how fast MO changes when you are actively attacking. So unless the NC is just standing in one spot and tanking hits from pets, this will not be useful. I am not sure if the bonus damage applied due to ToE dodge also changes morality or not. Also if this bonus damage applies to only hits from characters or pets as well.

So that's it. ToB and ToE needs some rework to be actually useful. One idea I can suggest is to make ToB an activated skill that lasts for a limited number of status sticks. The damage bonus is calculated based on the MO at the time of activating the skill. So that means the NC still has to adjust his MO but atleast he gets bonus damage.
sohdbrimks

Re: Tattoo of Balance/Equilibrium needs a rework

Post by sohdbrimks »

I think the main advantage of ToB is for wardbashing since wards don't change your mo. I don't really have an opinion if the skill is good or bad though, but I think it should not be the free skill because it pigeonholes the NC into going neutral when they should be free to go good or evil without feeling bad.
Warharan

Post by Warharan »

sohdbrimks wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:23 pm I think the main advantage of ToB is for wardbashing since wards don't change your mo. I don't really have an opinion if the skill is good or bad though, but I think it should not be the free skill because it pigeonholes the NC into going neutral when they should be free to go good or evil without feeling bad.
This I agree with. I'd not mind if a strictly neutral NC would be the 'strongest' version.
(not too much but just that bit stronger)
At the same time 'free will' should mean there'd be good/evil NC's too.

In my mind is Tattoo of the Wandering Way the 'defining' NC skill.
Note that my avatar is merely the coat of arms of the city where I live.
But feel free to add additional meaning to that.
Dissident

Post by Dissident »

Warharan wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:08 am
sohdbrimks wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:23 pm I think the main advantage of ToB is for wardbashing since wards don't change your mo. I don't really have an opinion if the skill is good or bad though, but I think it should not be the free skill because it pigeonholes the NC into going neutral when they should be free to go good or evil without feeling bad.
This I agree with. I'd not mind if a strictly neutral NC would be the 'strongest' version.
(not too much but just that bit stronger)
At the same time 'free will' should mean there'd be good/evil NC's too.

In my mind is Tattoo of the Wandering Way the 'defining' NC skill.
agreed