Best build for melee?

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
Voiremine

Best build for melee?

Post by Voiremine »

I am running a melee-centric character, what are my best choices for this build?

I have already picked up all three melee combat skills, along with repair item and strength. Where am I to go from here? What are the best classes (neutral/evil) for this build and what skills should I pick up in the future?
SaltedSalmon

Re: Best build for melee?

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Infernal Behemoth, probably. You already have Strength, so go for Heavy/Superheavy melee. Next step is finding a Battleaxe.

You could also go for Revenant's wolf form. Also a Heavy weapon user. Or Revenant's Mummy form, and grab the Umbral Sword.
There's also a Nexus Champ build out there, also heavy melee, but that one is significantly harder to build so I wouldn't recommend it if you're new.
Voiremine

Post by Voiremine »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:54 pm Infernal Behemoth, probably. You already have Strength, so go for Heavy/Superheavy melee. Next step is finding a Battleaxe.

You could also go for Revenant's wolf form. Also a Heavy weapon user. Or Revenant's Mummy form, and grab the Umbral Sword.
There's also a Nexus Champ build out there, also heavy melee, but that one is significantly harder to build so I wouldn't recommend it if you're new.
so for the second tier, should I go Myrmidon or Pariah?
Voiremine

Post by Voiremine »

Voiremine wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:09 pm
SaltedSalmon wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:54 pm Infernal Behemoth, probably. You already have Strength, so go for Heavy/Superheavy melee. Next step is finding a Battleaxe.

so for the second tier, should I go Myrmidon or Pariah?
Never mind, I have to go, Pariah, to get to behemoth yes?
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Voiremine wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:37 pm Never mind, I have to go, Pariah, to get to behemoth yes?
Yep.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

+1 to going IB for best melee
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Voiremine

Post by Voiremine »

SaltedSalmon wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:46 pm
Voiremine wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:37 pm Never mind, I have to go, Pariah, to get to behemoth yes?
Yep.
If indeed I have to go, Pariah, what are the best skills to pick up for my build?
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Voiremine wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:53 pm
SaltedSalmon wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:46 pm
Yep.
If indeed I have to go, Pariah, what are the best skills to pick up for my build?
As mortal, you'll most likely want to get Melee/Advanced Melee/Expert Melee to get a good accuracy.
IBs get really good support for Heavy/Super Heavy weapons, so Strength is a great mortal skill too.

As a pariah, you'll most surely want Blooded Fury, and as a melee IB-to-be, Blood Claws will be mostly useless on you.
You might want to get Destructive Blow if you intend to raid a lot with your faction; IBs are the best users of that skill.
Rend Flesh might be particularly useful if you intend on going a Child of Tholaghru, as you'll favor longer fights.
Feast on Suffering might be particularly useful if you intend on going a Child of Tlacotl, as you'll lack healing and will have very strong single-hit damage.
The rest of skills are very nice to have, but not really mandatory.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz