Strongholds

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
Skouth

Strongholds

Post by Skouth »

THIS IS A BELLYACHING POST
Ok so, let's be honest here. Word on the street is that "the feral phase has gone on for too long". And I'm the one saying that on the streets. But really though, isn't it time to bring strongholds back into the game? Let's do a simple pros vs cons, and why those cons actually don't matter

PROS
- Raiding (actual raiding) is back
Sure, putzing into a fake stronghold, meming all over a petwall and having a revenant steal your kills is fun but it doesn't give me the endorphin rush of clicking the "Claim Flag" button (only to have it stolen by the same revenant)
- The effects of the revamped petmaster/tanking mechanics along with the presence of Elementalists are revealed earlier and thus adjusted earlier
I'm a big baby but I'm not the only one apprehensive about facing those fuck huge petwalls when there are forts thrown into the mix
- Facilitates logistics which in turn facilitates raiding
I had to buy strength on my logistics character because I'm not throwing potions or components away and i'm entirely sure a lot of people have the same issue. Faction safes will change that
- 2/3rds of the game are already in strongholds
You've all seen the big good and neutral faux strongholds. Give evil the chance to congregate without being blown the fuck out by a Herald (thank god for the demon hunter nerf) and maybe Good will stop RPing in vaults and actually play the endgame part of the game. We don't even know how Seraphs are meant to go against WMs in a raid tanking scenario because that's literally never happened before

CONS
- Hunting's going to be made hard
Hunting's already hard if you don't have ES. All my demons level by mulching pets and doing alchemy in stygia, the only one who actually hunted was gigachad (rip (never forget the 02/06/2022 -6 Damage Incident) ). My angel literally has not left a vault in over a week.
- I think I had some other con at some point but I literally forgot
yeah

Basically, no reason not to do it? Unless there IS a reason not to do it like maybe the devs want to implement MULTI-FACTION STRONGHOLDS (which is a cool feature that faux-SHs permitted) or some other reason? If that's so, please do tell us so we can stop being annoying and let you focus on your (not?)job
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Nayru

Re: Strongholds

Post by Nayru »

Skouth wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:52 pm Basically, no reason not to do it? Unless there IS a reason not to do it like maybe the devs want to implement MULTI-FACTION STRONGHOLDS (which is a cool feature that faux-SHs permitted) or some other reason? If that's so, please do tell us so we can stop being annoying and let you focus on your (not?)job
eventually ye would like to see green name = bypass ward/inherent glyph with some restrictions but doubt it'll be 'til later
Skouth wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:52 pm - Raiding (actual raiding) is back
Sure, putzing into a fake stronghold, meming all over a petwall and having a revenant steal your kills is fun but it doesn't give me the endorphin rush of clicking the "Claim Flag" button (only to have it stolen by the same revenant)
this is the only way the revo can oppress you further than retaining nearly all of its +damage/acc (lost elite) while es lost elite+infinite and 5 def but gained an obscene aura, given it didn't get to do it with 5x5 truesight/planar eod
Skouth wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:52 pm We don't even know how Seraphs are meant to go against WMs in a raid tanking scenario because that's literally never happened before
beats me which one is more/less bad, but they're certainly both in about the same power level category
Skouth wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:52 pm I had to buy strength on my logistics character
so did every logistics char ever under all circumstances, which ironically was a big part of the opposition i got making lighten chonts up your max weight strength might not be a mandatory skill for one classtype? HARD OPPOSE
Skouth wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:52 pm Hunting's already hard if you don't have ES.
i guess, all my super ganky chars were t2 casters and did phenomenally well, reveal pretty overpowered vs multiple hiders

but also just kind of overpowered

at ne rate fort re-enabling is on the docket and has been for some time so i'm mainly just screwing with you with this post
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).