Advice for ranged

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
B. Thiccums

Advice for ranged

Post by B. Thiccums »

Curious what to build one of my characters with. Was thinking Voidwalker / Bows. If so, build advice? Open to ideas as well. :mrgreen:
Skouth

Re: Advice for ranged

Post by Skouth »

Alright, some questions first.
Is that Void Walker going to be factioned, or feral? Do you want to just hunt or are you planning on doing some raiding too?
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

B. Thiccums wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:44 am Curious what to build one of my characters with. Was thinking Voidwalker / Bows. If so, build advice? Open to ideas as well. :mrgreen:
If you want a ranged VW for flavor reasons, then it's a cool class.
If you want it for mechanical reasons, pick a heavy gun IB or a bow DH (or even a spellcaster Defiler or thrown WM).
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
B. Thiccums

Post by B. Thiccums »

She's currently in a small evil faction. The way VW is written suggests it would be an excellent stealth/assassin set up.
B. Thiccums

Post by B. Thiccums »

Goliath wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:51 am
B. Thiccums wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:44 am Curious what to build one of my characters with. Was thinking Voidwalker / Bows. If so, build advice? Open to ideas as well. :mrgreen:
If you want a ranged VW for flavor reasons, then it's a cool class.
If you want it for mechanical reasons, pick a heavy gun IB or a bow DH (or even a spellcaster Defiler or thrown WM).
I have a Melee IB planned, I'm not making another one, especially with guns when I want a bow.
And VW definitely seems more geared for bows than DH. Unless I'm not reading something id rather move hidden and not break stealth when assassinating people versus....whatever DH has to offer. (Uhh, MP drain?) (Also, seems way better with a melee or h2h build.)
I must be stupid or something. I feel like there's an obvious answer here. hahah.

I just wanna use Bows and sneak around and gank jerks. an Anti-jerk. a Jerk's Jerk.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

DH can cast spells and therefore can cast Sharp Vision for +15% ranged accuracy, plus Unsettling Aura for even better accuracy.
Meanwhile, VW has a very MP intensive innate bow, and a bunch of Mark related skills, none of which justifies not using MP on Hellfire instead.
Also, staying hidden while online isn't particularly useful unless you're in a many vs many combat situation, and even then chances are you'll be seen regardless. If you want to hide afterwards, hiding doesn't cost much AP with Advanced Hide.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz