Demon Tracker functionality.

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
Frosty

Demon Tracker functionality.

Post by Frosty »

I'm not sure how acute sensitivity will work with the demon tracker reverted back to its B4 function. surveying a 5x5 area makes sense but surveying a 7 x7 with solely a view of the 5x5 area arguably makes the skill far less useful and makes 60 cp for acute sensitivity seem unwise to say the least. I understand the nerf but this severely limits the daughter skill.
Catvom

Re: Demon Tracker functionality.

Post by Catvom »

I agree that Demon Hunter was way too good, however the b4 mechanics kinda suck.

I think it would have been better to make the information the same, but on a single activation on the power, not an ongoing status.

I.E. You activate Demon Tracker, and you get one time info of the direction of the most demons in view. But once you move or do another action, the info disappears and you need to activate the skill again (as opposed to getting real time info for one minute)

Then acute sensitivity would still be maybe worth it.
lunartaxi

Post by lunartaxi »

I have to agree that taking Acute Sensitivity would actually make it harder to use.
Fellis
Site Admin

Post by Fellis »

agree that the 60cp sub is a downgrade right now, but the skill was far too good and it was an emergency nerf. I'm not sure what form the skill will take after we rework it, but it will probably exist as it's B4 incarnation for awhile unless coder type people think they can fix it.

Demon tracker had other bugs with its implementation that were not as obvious with demon tracker, but Angel hunter was definitely seeing them (the two skills are the same except for looking for demon/angel) and that was also part of the reversion.
Catvom wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:43 am I agree that Demon Hunter was way too good, however the b4 mechanics kinda suck.

I think it would have been better to make the information the same, but on a single activation on the power, not an ongoing status.

I.E. You activate Demon Tracker, and you get one time info of the direction of the most demons in view. But once you move or do another action, the info disappears and you need to activate the skill again (as opposed to getting real time info for one minute)

Then acute sensitivity would still be maybe worth it.

This is definitely an idea, and puts more skill into usage of the ability. I think there is a problem in general with hunting skills because there's a very narrow target for "useable but not overpowered" things tend to be terrible or far too good. There's also other fundamental changes being considered that would make us have to rethink the whole ability as well.
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

Suggestion from a factionmate:

Make the range adjustable, and have the mp cost scale with range as radius*2

At this cost, current basic would be 6 mp, upgraded would be 8 mp for the larger square (actually, maybe an mp drop for the upgrade would be fair, too), but you could also do 2x2 for 4 mp, or just the square you're on for 2 mp.

This would mean better ability to track down the demon you pinged with your initial 5x5, and more tolerable mp cost for the triangulation component of the tracking.