New here, is a unarmed build viable?

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
Kraufen

New here, is a unarmed build viable?

Post by Kraufen »

Heya, I mostly have no idea what I'm doing, and I have no weapons. I've kinda just been reading books and in my spare time killing people with my fists. How viable is it to play a unarmed character? Like would I be able to do as much damage as a armed one? The idea of of unarmed style monk running around is sort of fun, but if the damage I put out is dwarfed by people with other abilities, its not really worth it, so if so please let me know I'd rather not my points on something that sucks

thanks
SaltedSalmon

Re: New here, is a unarmed build viable?

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Yes its viable. You will do less damage, but unlike other weapon trees like firearms you won't have to spend a whole "AP cycle" scourging up ammo and repairing your guns every now and then, so its a good trade.
Be aware that not all T3 classes support so always plan your build ahead.
Kraufen

Post by Kraufen »

Hi, I hve no idea how T3 classes work. Im pretty lost honestly
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

You should drop by on the discord probably, or take a look at the planner whenever that updates. Having a build generally planned out is pretty important in this game.
Warharan

Post by Warharan »

Kraufen wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:26 pm Hi, I hve no idea how T3 classes work. Im pretty lost honestly
Basically one you hit lvl 10 you choose a tier 2 class (T2)

for example; "Myrmidon"
From then on you can choose Myrmidon skills.

Once you hit lvl 20 you can choose a T3 class.
for example 'Eternal Soldier" or "Revenant"

Then you go all 'Shaolin Monk (ES) or wolf-monster (Rev)

(for example; these 2 classes work VERY well with unarmed combat and are fairly beginner friendly. ES even very beginner friendly IMO.)
Note that my avatar is merely the coat of arms of the city where I live.
But feel free to add additional meaning to that.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Kraufen wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:14 pm Heya, I mostly have no idea what I'm doing, and I have no weapons. I've kinda just been reading books and in my spare time killing people with my fists. How viable is it to play a unarmed character?
For your convenience, gonna list the classes that better support HtH (unarmed or similar), grouped by T2. List may not be exhaustive.

Paladin > Holy Champion (very flexible class, but a bit lacking on damage, particularly when HtH. It's due for some changes, however. Got a pet)

Shepherd > none

Myrmidon > Eternal Soldier (Good on offense and defense, and with a great aura to deal with roaming or enemy pets)
Myrmidon > Nexus Champion (Very flexible class, excels at 1v1 situations on both offense and defense, with decent utility and two nice pets)
Myrmidon > Revenant (A lot of damage at the cost of defense. Has a skill that allows them to track and hunt people)

Sorcerer > Elementalist (A petmaster with good support to kicking and punching with elemental damage, which includes raw fist elemental damage -- aka impact)
Sorcerer > Lich (A petmaster who can touch people for very solid death damage. Pet choices are pretty nice, plus it supports alchemy really well)

Pariah > Doom Howler (Not too sure how this one goes, I believe part of its strength is combining great MP regeneration with big magic hits. Also got nasty pet)
Pariah > Infernal Behemoth (RAW DAMAGE. BRUTALITY)
Pariah > Redeemed (Turncoat. Finicky in terms of MO and HP management, but can hit very hard. Good at hunting demons in their home turf)
Pariah > Void Walker (Consecutive punches get +1 damage each time till you swap targets. They're great at hiding and sneaking)

Defiler > Dark Oppressor (Can get very large bonuses if you coordinate properly. Decent utility, can get other people as pets)
Defiler > Redeemed (Turncoat. Less damage than its Pariah cousin, more utility)
Last edited by Goliath on Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Kraufen

Post by Kraufen »

Goliath wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:03 am
Kraufen wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:14 pm Heya, I mostly have no idea what I'm doing, and I have no weapons. I've kinda just been reading books and in my spare time killing people with my fists. How viable is it to play a unarmed character?
For your convenience, gonna list the classes that better support HtH (unarmed or similar), grouped by T2. List may not be exhaustive.

Paladin > Holy Champion (very flexible class, but a bit lacking on damage, particularly when HtH. It's due for some changes, however. Got a pet)

Shepherd> none

Myrmidon > Eternal Soldier (Good on offense and defense, and with a great aura to deal with roaming or enemy pets)
Myrmidon > Nexus Champion (Very flexible class, excels at 1v1 situations on both offense and defense, with decent utility and two nice pets)
Myrmidon > Revenant (A lot of damage at the cost of defense. Has a skill that allows them to track and hunt people)

Sorcerer > Elementalist (A petmaster with good support to kicking and punching with elemental damage, which includes raw fist elemental damage -- aka impact)
Sorcerer > Lich (A petmaster who can touch people for very solid death damage. Pet choices are pretty nice, plus it supports alchemy really well)

Pariah > Doom Howler (Not too sure how this one goes, I believe part of its strength is combining great MP regeneration with big magic hits. Also got nasty pet)
Pariah > Infernal Behemoth (RAW DAMAGE. BRUTALITY)
Pariah > Redeemed (Turncoat. Finicky in terms of MO and HP management, but can hit very hard. Good at hunting demons in their home turf)
Pariah > Void Walker (Consecutive punches get +1 damage each time till you swap targets. They're great at hiding and sneaking)

Defiler > Dark Oppressor (Can get very large bonuses if you coordinate properly. Decent utility, can get other people as pets)
Defiler > Redeemed (Turncoat. Less damage than its Pariah cousin, more utility)
Whoa thanks! I'm going for ES