Hellspawn/ Transcension /Empyreal Bond

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
Warharan

Hellspawn/ Transcension /Empyreal Bond

Post by Warharan »

So I have tried these on 2 different characters and let's start with my conclusion:

These skills are *very* underwhelming.

-You get a random effect (which has not been useful *ever* but I might be unlucky)
-You get a 'discount' on your AP cost to respawn. (basically it shaves a third off but rounded down)

I think these skills really need a bit of love.
I like(d) the idea but as-is they are really a poor choice if you ask me.

Anyone else with thoughts on this?
Feel free to prove me wrong and show me what i missed and why these skills are awesome. :)
Note that my avatar is merely the coat of arms of the city where I live.
But feel free to add additional meaning to that.
SaltedSalmon

Re: Hellspawn/ Transcension /Empyreal Bond

Post by SaltedSalmon »

I think devs have said they'd buff this. The plan I last heard was roughly:

Rewards become more permanent (Transcended get a component or alchemy result like termite paste instead of a temporary potion effect, for example)
It triggers if you respawn randomly (IE: Upon respawn you still have the chance to get a lucky Cordillera respawn, but if you don't, you get a discount and a effect)
Warharan

Post by Warharan »

Would help a bit.
I doubt it would be enough for me but I will (probably) wait and see.
either that or reset the characters I suppose. ;)
Note that my avatar is merely the coat of arms of the city where I live.
But feel free to add additional meaning to that.
Repth

Post by Repth »

Being able to spawn in an Outer Plane with a bonus and discount is great. Choosing to vanilla spawn and ending up in that outer plane without the bonus and discount frankly sucks. In addition to being able to choose to respawn in an outer plane, ending up there through a regular spawn ought to also give the bonus and discount.

Tweaking the bonuses is another story. I'd like to see Transcension grant one Deep Alchemy product (potion, oil, paste, or incense) on respawn. That would be a good start, and maybe it's not good enough but it's worth trying and finding out. Hellspawn recently received some tweaks, it remains to be seen whether or not they fit the bill. Of the three of these, Empyreal Bond is the only one I do not have, so I can't speak to it.
RKBBQ

Post by RKBBQ »

It's been about a month since this topic was last touched, but I'm pretty happy with the state of Hellspawn. The fact that the bonus is (usually) an item you can save for later use makes it much more viable, rather than dependent on you being lucky enough to get a useful prayer/potion effect and then also have a lucky spawn where that effect synergizes with your menu of options.
Active: Alexios (12693) | Johnny (12760) | Libby (12549) | Red (12555) | Sal (12599) | Gourmand (12808) | 02 (13907)
Released: George (12805) | Remy (12541) | VC (12538) | Silurus (12540)
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

I have to say, skill refund gives me the ability to pick up skills that don't feel like my final, ultimate end game skills (like hellspawn), because they seem fun and convenient. I honestly think a big chunk of the issue with these skills was resolved indirectly, there.