Advice on a Elementalist

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
ensoriki

Advice on a Elementalist

Post by ensoriki »

Going for punching things with summons. So far the character has everything up to sense magic and is just sitting on CP.
The thought process was to get all the earth skills and spells followed by tenacious leading to punching things in the face. Water adept to camp out in the oceans. Cold touch applies chilled and I believe the summons will benefit without eating the status tick. While I have rain of stones I could pivot, and go for Fire as Earthquake doesn't seem to be a great idea if I go Feral with this character. Does it seem like I'm mixing up too many ideas?

Build Plan
Level CP Skill
2 10 ---Level Up---
2 10 ---Level Up---
2 -10 Hand-to-Hand Combat
3 10 ---Level Up---
3 -20 Martial Arts
4 10 ---Level Up---
5 10 ---Level Up---
6 10 ---Level Up---
6 -30 Advanced Martial Arts
7 10 ---Level Up---
8 10 ---Level Up---
9 10 ---Level Up---
9 -20 Boxing
10 20 ---Level Up---
10 -10 Tiger Claw
10 -10 Conjure Sinews
10 -10 Rain of Stones
11 20 ---Level Up---
12 20 ---Level Up---
13 20 ---Level Up---
13 -10 Search
13 -10 Sense Magic
14 20 ---Level Up---
14 -20 Sorcerers Might
14 -10 Mage Gauntlets
14 -10 Stone Dart
14 -20 Tap Font
15 20 ---Level Up---
16 20 ---Level Up---
17 20 ---Level Up---
17 -30 Tap Ley Line
18 20 ---Level Up---
18 -20 Alchemy
18 -10 Engineering
19 20 ---Level Up---
20 30 ---Level Up---
20 -30 Summon Golem
21 30 ---Level Up---
21 -60 Summon Juggernaut
22 30 ---Level Up---
23 30 ---Level Up---
23 -60 Enhanced Summoning
24 30 ---Level Up---
25 30 ---Level Up---
25 -30 Summon Gnome
25 -30 Earth Adept
26 30 ---Level Up---
26 -30 Earthquake
27 30 ---Level Up---
28 30 ---Level Up---
28 -30 Water Adept
29 30 ---Level Up---
30 30 ---Level Up---
30 -15 Earth Wail
30 -15 Force Bolt
30 -15 Stonefury
30 -30 Cold Touch
Klapaucius

Re: Advice on a Elementalist

Post by Klapaucius »

If you're planning on casting your earth spells at all (which I think you will want to occasionally at the very least, the tier 3 auto-hit and touch+aura will do very good damage), taking water skills (cold touch, water adept) is going to increase their cost, which I think would be annoying.

As a general comment on the state of elementalist pets, I think in terms of raw power, air and water are strongest, mostly due to the pets innate accuracy, but also the status effects are quite good. Earth is decent, and fire accuracy is just so low that it's hard to justify taking that element.

I'm assuming no particular order, but keep in mind your tier 3 spells also give your pets +1 damage so it might be worth taking them a bit earlier than listed if you can find them.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Klapaucius wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:06 pm If you're planning on casting your earth spells at all (which I think you will want to occasionally at the very least, the tier 3 auto-hit and touch+aura will do very good damage), taking water skills (cold touch, water adept) is going to increase their cost, which I think would be annoying.

As a general comment on the state of elementalist pets, I think in terms of raw power, air and water are strongest, mostly due to the pets innate accuracy, but also the status effects are quite good. Earth is decent, and fire accuracy is just so low that it's hard to justify taking that element.

I'm assuming no particular order, but keep in mind your tier 3 spells also give your pets +1 damage so it might be worth taking them a bit earlier than listed if you can find them.
Agreed, hence I'd suggest swapping from Water to Air.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
sekki

Post by sekki »

Note that you do not regen ap while on water even when water adept. So don’t sleep on the water. (That being said I do love my water adept but also I don’t plan to cast spells).

Tbh as a feral I would drop tenacious too. Once someone kills you they are just gonna leave. So unless you plan to pay attention enough to respawn before your pets despawn it’s definitely not worth it.
ensoriki

Post by ensoriki »

Darn, I hoped water adept would allow AP regen.
On the earth/water synergy. My initial thought was punching things alongside summons but now that it has been brought up I'm kind of realizing that sort of has a conflict when I'm putting 75 cp into earth spells.

I'm considering pivoting away from Enhanced summoning altogether now in favor of just grabbing two full elements worth of skills and then 20 exploration CP on Cultivate ground to make a Font.
comradequestion

Post by comradequestion »

So are the H2H skills worth it? Seems like you might just be better off hard focusing one element and going spell combat, then splitting off to a second path afterwords. Love that this class got more fleshed out and brought back.
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

I would say, if you've got all the spells, it's going to be really hard to justify using h2h for ~10 damage a hit when you could be casting spells for 20+.

I skipped spell combat and just went autohit + touch attacks, but really the main thing I use direct spells on is wards.

As a side note, I'm increasingly fond of juggernaut over hydro and hurricane. The fort destruction and soak make it really nice on offense even when you're up against a lot of enemy tanks. Its a bit slower, but it's super reliable IMO. Also the hurricanes and hydrodragons cause their own buff to tick off which is annoying!
comradequestion

Post by comradequestion »

I can't NOT go Hydrodragon, but yeah jugg and golem form seems insanely tanky. Whats the point of water mastery though? Seems kinda worthless.
Skouth

Post by Skouth »

Water Adept is super good as a backup travel skill if you're based anywhere but purgatorio. You CAN swim in lava for free* and fog has some potential niche uses when it comes to raiding
Not something I'd rely on 100% of the time but the maps have plenty of water to get around in, and for 30 CP that's a steal
*health costs aren't real
FOO LION DELENDA EST