Rebalance area and glyphs

A place for discussion about Nexus Clash game mechanics, including Build Advice.
Thenixon

Rebalance area and glyphs

Post by Thenixon »

Rebalance area picks a local status from a list and dismisses it (for 60 CP, 5 AP and15 MP), but the list seems to include glyphs which already have their own solutions in the form of glyph erasure spells and direct attacks.

You can just dilute the chance of rebalance getting your otherwise untargetable status (say intimidating aura) with a bunch of cheap glyphs. Is this the intended implementation?
Klapaucius

Re: Rebalance area and glyphs

Post by Klapaucius »

That seems like a death knell to an already questionably useful skill. For the price, it seems like picking what you want to nuke would be fair. Or even just completely dropping all effects, in which case nuking glyphs in the process wouldn't be crazy to me.
Skouth

Post by Skouth »

Klapaucius wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:30 pm That seems like a death knell to an already questionably useful skill. For the price, it seems like picking what you want to nuke would be fair. Or even just completely dropping all effects, in which case nuking glyphs in the process wouldn't be crazy to me.
This
60 CP skill on a class that has no bad skills*, that costs 5 AP and 15 MP
letting you pick what effect you want to blow up or blowing up everything sounds very much in line

*I mean elementalists have bad skills but they also have a load of skills that are good and, basically, you know what I mean
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Dissident

Post by Dissident »

Imagine this skill but only works on glyphs but you can choose which one and doesn't affect ally casted ones and also using t2 CP. :lol:

The only way I'd consider going for this on its current state is if cost 1ap.
SharkyNebula

Fire Elementalists are bad

Post by SharkyNebula »

Skouth wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:55 pm 60 CP skill on a class that has no bad skills*,
*I mean elementalists have bad skills but they also have a load of skills that are good and, basically, you know what I mean
The Fire Skills are bad because Fire Elementalists are bad
Klapaucius

Post by Klapaucius »

The fire pets could still use some love to make them competitive. Fire adept is great though!
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Thenixon wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:13 pm Rebalance area picks a local status from a list and dismisses it (for 60 CP, 5 AP and15 MP), but the list seems to include glyphs which already have their own solutions in the form of glyph erasure spells and direct attacks.

You can just dilute the chance of rebalance getting your otherwise untargetable status (say intimidating aura) with a bunch of cheap glyphs. Is this the intended implementation?
As good as Elementalists are at offense, this does save the trouble of spending another 20 CP on glyph erasure and the trouble of more than 5 AP/15MP on direct attacks.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Dissident

Post by Dissident »

Kandarin wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:57 pm
Thenixon wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:13 pm Rebalance area picks a local status from a list and dismisses it (for 60 CP, 5 AP and15 MP), but the list seems to include glyphs which already have their own solutions in the form of glyph erasure spells and direct attacks.

As good as Elementalists are at offense, this does save the trouble of spending another 20 CP on glyph erasure and the trouble of more than 5 AP/15MP on direct attacks.
That's exactly the problem with it imo. I could just purchase GGE for 20 t2 cp if I want to deal with glyphs and I DONT want to target those when I use rebalance. It doesn't help that allied area affects gets thrown into the mix.