Halloween Costume Contest

For general discussion about the game that doesn't really delve into Mechanics (see the "Mechanics Discussion" section). In Out-of-Character discussion, you are expected to be courteous to others.
Lychwood

Halloween Costume Contest

Post by Lychwood »

You wake to find Cordillera plastered with flyers. Strangely quaint, each flyer appears to be hand-scribed onto a piece of crumbling parchment. The yellowing scrolls are numerous, affixed to doors and signal towers all over the settlement. As you approach you can see fine strands of cobwebs clinging to the paper.

You are cordially invited to a long weekend of festivity and seasonal delights! The Master of the House has ordered its doors open to the masses as we hold a costumed masquerade in honor of All Hallows' Eve. Beginning October 28th, our manor grounds will be readied for all who wish to pay homage to the spirits of the season. Do not worry about finding us--all roads lead to the Revel.

Regards, and see you there.
Dictated from the desk of Cucurbita Rex
Huh, what strangely quaint stationery. I wonder what it's all about? Guess we'll see at the end of the month. Anyway, I've still got an announcement to make!!

Hello Nexals, and welcome to SPOOKTOBER.

We've got a few special surprises in store to celebrate the season, the first of which is a drawing contest! The prompt is simple: Draw a Nexus Clash character (or several) in Halloween costume. Entries must be completed and added to this forum thread by October 30th, and winners will be chosen on the 31st.

Prizes:
1st place: 750 credits
2nd place: 500 credits

There will be two entry categories that are judged separately: Player-generated and AI-generated. First and second prizes will be awarded in each category.
~PLEASE NOTE IN YOUR ENTRY WHETHER THE ART WAS HUMAN-GENERATED OR AI-GENERATED!~

Entry rules:
-One entry per player per category (i.e. you may submit both a handmade and AI-drawn entry, but only one of each)
-Entries must be original art by the player
-Art may be digital or hand drawn
-I feel like I'm forgetting something, but hopefully not. Keep it SFW? It's a general forum rule so it shouldn't need restating, but...

You're probably asking yourself: Is this it? Is this all the autumnal entertainment the Nexus has to offer? The answer is NO! An addendum to that answer is: I can't tell you any more than that right now! So get to scribbling and keep one eye on the horizon. There is more to come.
I am the filthiest casual.

Player of: Lychwood, Nirvanyos the Arcane, The Blackwolf, Froggy the Gremlin, The Necronomicorn, Morgein Winterhue, ᛊᛏᚨᛁᚾᚨᛉ
pyroshroom

Re: Halloween Costume Contest

Post by pyroshroom »

I give you Mango dressed as a lich - AI generated
MangoLich.png
MangoLich.png (866.92 KiB) Viewed 10892 times
Kraufen

Post by Kraufen »

Here is buff toad dressed up as count Dracula (or just a vampire/revenant or whatever)
It's AI generated
Skouth

Post by Skouth »

Kharn, dressed as Kharn, faces a mighty foe, the Male Foo Lion. Off screen is the female Foo Lion.
I drew that :^)
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Jelly_m00n

Post by Jelly_m00n »

SkullFace

Post by SkullFace »

A selection the PoR crew, all done up in classic Universal Monster Movie fashion (AI generated):
4146065618_A_detailed_anatomically_correct_picture_of_a_crew_of_evil_pirates__in_the_style_of_Alex_Ross_.png
4146065618_A_detailed_anatomically_correct_picture_of_a_crew_of_evil_pirates__in_the_style_of_Alex_Ross_.png (491.56 KiB) Viewed 10618 times
Patrucio

Post by Patrucio »

Ayn Rand dressed as an astronaut, getting ready to go to the haunted house party (AI-Generated)
Ayn in space.png
Ayn in space.png (122.55 KiB) Viewed 10579 times
Something witty goes here
Naganted2

Post by Naganted2 »

A fresh Time Clone just back from a strange and delirious adventure.
- Just edited the photo. Not an original creation.
Attachments
Astronautredonedaamn.jpg
Astronautredonedaamn.jpg (106.17 KiB) Viewed 10545 times
NearNihil

Post by NearNihil »

My entries.

1. AI-generated: Alinar putting the final touches to his costume.

2. Hand-drawn (on paper!): Desert Rain Fr- vampire!
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!
squib

Post by squib »

Inspired by Xiph's costume, squib submits a squib-generated collage, don't mind the slime.

Xiph- Thin, dark green scales cover large sections of this man's body. His eyes are a deep, blood red, shaped like almonds, and his face has elongated almost into a snout. He is wearing a Bedsheet with eyeholes. His eyes are a sinister blood red.

- Xiph sweeps into the area in a crude ghost costume. Translucent tendrils provide an illusion of levitating. (2022-10-28 00:19:39).
(p.s. congrats on the Maxxout)