Advertisement Contest

For general discussion about the game that doesn't really delve into Mechanics (see the "Mechanics Discussion" section). In Out-of-Character discussion, you are expected to be courteous to others.
NearNihil

Re: Advertisement Contest

Post by NearNihil »

I made a thing (with significant help from text-to-image AI) but here is one (album with 3 more with the same layout can be found here, apparently we can't have more than one image in a post).

Check out my Character Builder!
Characters: NearNihil: Seraph, ID 14044 | Quacking Skellington: Infernal Behemoth, ID 14047 | Alinar Nerilee: Lich, ID 14048 | Alicia Crystin: Redeemed, ID 14117
Alkasyn

Post by Alkasyn »

These are a bit gruesom, but I like the first one.

I'd only change the intrusive NC logo on the bottom into some kind of overlay, that'd have a transparent background, and maybe change the font a bit? But I think the direction is solid.
NearNihil

Post by NearNihil »

The generator gave me a bunch of Dark Souls/LoTR-esque art, yeah. The game doesn't really have a graphical style though, maybe a more picturesque or watercolor type thing would be better. I'll see if I can poke the thing for something like that.

By the same token, aside from the icon shown in the browser tab, I couldn't find a logo or anything, I'll see if I can stylize the banner to be less intrusive.

Also, what about the font? Of the text I wrote? Any preference? I tried a serif font but it ended up being pretty blurry with the border, hence a sans-serif one, I think it's called "Deja Vu".
Characters: NearNihil: Seraph, ID 14044 | Quacking Skellington: Infernal Behemoth, ID 14047 | Alinar Nerilee: Lich, ID 14048 | Alicia Crystin: Redeemed, ID 14117
Alkasyn

Post by Alkasyn »

I mean in general the font is fine, it's just a little blurry, that's why I didn't like it too specifically.

For the game's logo, and if we can't find a vector art of the existing logo, we can just add the name of the game in bigger font - I mean like you said the game doesn't really have an art style, does it ?:P
NearNihil

Post by NearNihil »

Link to v2 album. Just the first one with a different font, and smaller (or no) logo.

"Shortened banner" logo version:
Kraufen

Post by Kraufen »

Hey guys been preoccupied and distracted but thanks for the submission. I might extend the time since everybody has been so distracted with all the going ons lately. I know one person wants to submit some art that hasn't yet to
Kraufen

Post by Kraufen »

NearNihil wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:02 am Link to v2 album. Just the first one with a different font, and smaller (or no) logo.

"Shortened banner" logo version:
I like this one. I was trying to figure out how I was gonna put stuff on the ad
Alkasyn

Post by Alkasyn »

I like it too, good job :)
NearNihil

Post by NearNihil »

One more (well, two more in an album, one with and one without logo). This one leans more into the angels vs demons thing, but I couldn't come up with a catchy phrase for the unaligneds too. Would've become pretty crowded anyway.

By the by, I have pretty high-res images of all of the backgrounds so far, I just figured I'd start with the smallest ones since expanding them is a lot easier than trying to compress a badass banner into a stamp-sized thing. If any of these win I'll make a set with the other resolutions in em too.

Stretch

Post by Stretch »

If we are looking to spread the word about nexus clash, someone should figure out how to make DuckDuckGo search actually link to the website. It’s been broken for awhile.

Example:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=nexus%20clash&ia=web