Advertisement Contest

For general discussion about the game that doesn't really delve into Mechanics (see the "Mechanics Discussion" section). In Out-of-Character discussion, you are expected to be courteous to others.
Kraufen

Advertisement Contest

Post by Kraufen »

So I'm working on finding places where I can get some paid advertisement going to NC. So far I have looked at Urban Dead (Which apparently seems like a bad idea due to whoever remains of its playerbase) and reddit (who gave me a 100$ credit) and facebook (which ive done before for a different game ive used to play)

Unfortunately, I don't have any art or any actual ad to post and I don't have an artistic bone in my body, this would be where you come in. I would need some kind of art to put up that would link to the game when clicked on.

So if you want to do so, please post some art in thread, I will likely after a week make a poll thread with each art and we can vote on which we use etc. Whoever wins, you will likely get 2000 credits which I will donate for.

Anyways let the posting commence.

Obviously if I get no art I will uh I dunno figure something out I guess

Some details on sizes

For banners
Top banner (300x600 or 300x250)
Sticky banner (300x250)

For cards
Card image: 1200x628px, 3MB max file size
Thumbnail image: 400x300px or aspect ratio of 4:3, 500 kb max file size

For videos
Video
Formats: MP4 or MOV (ProRes NOT accepted)
File size: 1 GB max file size
Dimensions: 1:1 Square; 4:5 Vertical; 4:3 Classic; 16:9 Full Landscape
Thumbnail image: 400x300px or aspect ratio of 4:3, 500 kb max file size
Last edited by Kraufen on Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NearNihil

Re: Advertisement Contest

Post by NearNihil »

What are the requirements for the art? Can we use stuff from the wiki? What about other art (with permission of course)? I'm no great artist but I enjoy photoshopping (I use GIMP but y'know) so maybe that'll be enough, but image dimensions and format would be a start.
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!
Kraufen

Post by Kraufen »

NearNihil wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:34 am What are the requirements for the art? Can we use stuff from the wiki? What about other art (with permission of course)? I'm no great artist but I enjoy photoshopping (I use GIMP but y'know) so maybe that'll be enough, but image dimensions and format would be a start.
Sorry pretty new to art for this stuff. I'll have a look at the dimensions tonight.

Art from the wiki is actually totally fine as it's official art.

For existing art as long as you have permission I don't see an issue.
Kraufen

Post by Kraufen »

NearNihil wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:34 am What are the requirements for the art? Can we use stuff from the wiki? What about other art (with permission of course)? I'm no great artist but I enjoy photoshopping (I use GIMP but y'know) so maybe that'll be enough, but image dimensions and format would be a start.
I've updated it with some specs
Alkasyn

Post by Alkasyn »

There's some very talented artists who you can comission to draw stuff for you, but I don't know what the prices would be nowadays.

Used to be you'd get a sketch/rough drawing for 30-40 USD, but with the prices going up and away, it could go to crazy numbers.

Still, Something to consider (I also only really worked with artists drawing lewd stuff, so yea)
Kraufen

Post by Kraufen »

Alkasyn wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:21 pm There's some very talented artists who you can comission to draw stuff for you, but I don't know what the prices would be nowadays.

Used to be you'd get a sketch/rough drawing for 30-40 USD, but with the prices going up and away, it could go to crazy numbers.

Still, Something to consider (I also only really worked with artists drawing lewd stuff, so yea)
It's certainly an option, though I gotta think of how much money I'm willing to sink into it to. I gotta pay for an ad already.

Either way if nobody responds in like a week I have some art I found that I can use if need be. It's not 100% perfect but it works will just need some modification a bit
Alkasyn

Post by Alkasyn »

Kraufen wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:39 am
Alkasyn wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:21 pm There's some very talented artists who you can comission to draw stuff for you, but I don't know what the prices would be nowadays.

It's certainly an option, though I gotta think of how much money I'm willing to sink into it to. I gotta pay for an ad already.

Either way if nobody responds in like a week I have some art I found that I can use if need be. It's not 100% perfect but it works will just need some modification a bit
Just making sure - do you have the permission to use that art in an ad? We wouldn't want your funds to get wasted becuase of some copyright problem.

As for the funds - did you think of asking if the community wants to chime in?
Kraufen

Post by Kraufen »

Alkasyn wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:32 pm
Kraufen wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:39 am

Just making sure - do you have the permission to use that art in an ad? We wouldn't want your funds to get wasted becuase of some copyright problem.

As for the funds - did you think of asking if the community wants to chime in?
Well the picture I have is official art for breath 4 or something, and a AI generated picture so I don't think any copyright or permissions would be needed.

As for funds I have not asked the community yet. It's supposed to be a one time ad that will be out up for a brief period
Alkasyn

Post by Alkasyn »

I see, then I guess you're covered :)

If you need any other help or brainstorming or contacts to artists, happy to help - catch me on Discord.
Kraufen

Post by Kraufen »

Alkasyn wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:20 pm I see, then I guess you're covered :)

If you need any other help or brainstorming or contacts to artists, happy to help - catch me on Discord.
[/quote

Will do Im willing to at least drop 60$ on art truthfully. A custom banner could be nice