Donations and Credits

For general discussion about the game that doesn't really delve into Mechanics (see the "Mechanics Discussion" section). In Out-of-Character discussion, you are expected to be courteous to others.
Kandarin

Donations and Credits

Post by Kandarin »

Attention! This information is outdated as of 2023/06/11 PayPal has recently made some changes which only allow donations for registered charities. We will be putting some sore of button for some sort of service back in place at some point, it may be a different PayPal model, or it may be a different service completely, we are unsure at this time.

I am however leaving this initial post about the donation process in place in case not much is changing besides the text of the button
The Nexus is supported entirely by player donations and we are grateful for the community's support. Currently the site interface does not have the old donation button up yet, but a Paypal link for donations can be found here.

One US Dollar of donation is converted into 100 ingame Credits. Credits can be exchanged for a variety of means of character customization. Details on what you can spend credits on can be found on the wiki here.
kylinn

Re: Donations and Credits

Post by kylinn »

Important: be sure to mention your username when making the donation so it can be credited to the right account.
Badziew

Post by Badziew »

Correction: username or email, basically any information that allows admins to determine which account should receive the credits
My characters (sorted by IDs): Badziew, Tiger Fist, Pilgrim, Sentient Spellbook, a trojan cat.

Check my wiki profile for more information, including contact information.
Repth

Post by Repth »

Sorry for all the confusion here folks, lot to pay attention to during launch and this still hasn't been resolved. Users are reporting that the hyperlink in the first post in this thread is no longer working; instead, head to archive.nexusclash.com/ and use the Paypal "Donate" button at the top right of the screen.
littleglassflowers

Post by littleglassflowers »

I listed credits here as a gift possibility for a few friends, none of whom actually plays the game, ahahaha. I just realised though, I don't know if that's allowed? I thought I'd ask before any of them get ideas?
Lychwood

Post by Lychwood »

littleglassflowers wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:45 am I listed credits here as a gift possibility for a few friends, none of whom actually plays the game, ahahaha. I just realised though, I don't know if that's allowed? I thought I'd ask before any of them get ideas?
Normally, you're allowed to gift as many of your credits to another player as you would like. They just need an account with characters created to send it to. You get the option to send them those credits using a "credit message" which allows you to greentext message their character from anywhere in game along with your gift of credits. (This can make a good walkie-talkie if you send the same 1 credit back and forth :p)

Last I heard, though, there were some bugs in B5 preventing credit messages from working. So while it's normally allowed to gift credits to your friends, it might not currently be possible.
I am the filthiest casual.

Player of: Lychwood, Nirvanyos the Arcane, The Blackwolf, Froggy the Gremlin, The Necronomicorn, Morgein Winterhue, ᛊᛏᚨᛁᚾᚨᛉ
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Lychwood wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:01 am
littleglassflowers wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:45 am I listed credits here as a gift possibility for a few friends, none of whom actually plays the game, ahahaha. I just realised though, I don't know if that's allowed? I thought I'd ask before any of them get ideas?
Normally, you're allowed to gift as many of your credits to another player as you would like. They just need an account with characters created to send it to. You get the option to send them those credits using a "credit message" which allows you to greentext message their character from anywhere in game along with your gift of credits. (This can make a good walkie-talkie if you send the same 1 credit back and forth :p)

Last I heard, though, there were some bugs in B5 preventing credit messages from working. So while it's normally allowed to gift credits to your friends, it might not currently be possible.
Those bugs have since been addressed. Credit messages should work correctly.

Yes, it's fine to gift credits to your friends.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Southall

Post by Southall »

Hi! The Paypal link for donations appears to be broken at the moment, at least from my end.
Karlito

Post by Karlito »

Southall wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:44 pm Hi! The Paypal link for donations appears to be broken at the moment, at least from my end.
Yeah, the link in the OP is broken, but you can go to http://archive.nexusclash.com and click the donate button in the upper-right corner. Worked for me a couple weeks ago. I couldn't figure out how to put in a message with my username, but I had the right email in there and got credited just fine.
ykl

Post by ykl »

Hi, the Paypal donate function doesn't seem to work for my country, is it possible to have an admin PM me the email address for the account and I'll send the donation directly to the account instead.