Weird books.

For general discussion about the game that doesn't really delve into Mechanics (see the "Mechanics Discussion" section). In Out-of-Character discussion, you are expected to be courteous to others.
Goliath

Re: Weird books.

Post by Goliath »

You open a b̶̽̓҉̼͍͎̹̺͇̭̳o̸̧̩̒̽̇̃͂̾̃̀o̮̲̘̹̭ͫͦ̃ͩ̕͟ḵ̴̨͎̙͈̠̮̜ͬ̌ͧ͊ͩ̾̂.It beckons.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Karlito

Post by Karlito »

You read the book. This book details the downfall of a low-tech massively-multiplayer zombie apocalypse game where survivors and zombies battle for the control of a quarantined city.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

You read a book. It's an extensive collection of "Joe Mama" jokes. They all point to unsettlingly accurate details of your mother. You have learned something from the book, although you wish you didn't. You gain 10 XP. Your feel your MO drop by 2.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

You read the book. It tells the story of how Hashaa managed to wrest the position of Elder Power from the most powerful lich ever. It cites various sources, although they all seem to be wordplays on the author's name. You have learned something from the book. You gain 10 XP.
You read the bonk. All the pages say NO HORNI in a very large, bold font. The bonk hits you on the forehead. You gain 10 XP.
lunalu

Post by lunalu »

While reading the book, you find a handwritten note. It reads:
Carol, I heard about Frank? I know he's been under a lot of pressure out there. The government keeps shifting the blame for delays on construction workers, what did they think would happen? Everyone's working as hard as they can and wants to loosen up at the end of a long day with a couple drinks. People start butting heads and suddenly everyone thinks something serious happened and security gets involved. I think they're blowing everything out of proportion to keep blaming delays on the people actually doing the work. I'm on your side. My uncle was under house arrest for 5 years, it was very tough for him. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
Didn't appear in my message log... the mystery deepens
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

lunalu wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:46 pm
[...]
Didn't appear in my message log... the mystery deepens
Notes do not appear on the message log.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

You read the book. In it are written the accounts of some famous Void Walker who claimed to have traveled to planes beyond the existing realms. The Void Walker quickly ran out of MP. You learned something from the book!
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

You read the book. The pages of this book... are made of angel flesh! You roast the book. You can't read anyway.
Igor Dolvich

Post by Igor Dolvich »

You read the book. It contains a complex mathematical algorithm that claims that you own a piece of bad demonic artwork written on the back page. You feel an intense sense of envy and protectiveness, and are gripped by a desire to harm all those who would try to steal what you now own. You learned something from the book! You gain 5 experience points!
Ah, that was too good.
tremor3258

Post by tremor3258 »

You read the book. This book is filled with pages and pages of sheet music. They appear to be twisted and distorted chants to the Dark Powers, but through careful examination, you determine that they're all reversed Rock and Roll songs. You learned something from the book! You gain 5 experience points!
Ah, classic joke.