Helix Scientific Study (LETS GO KILL THE LEVIATHAN ON SUNDAY 20:30 IN GAME)

For in-character discussion of NexusClash. While you must still be considerate of other posters, you may explore your role-playing side and do not need to extend the same courtesy to characters.
Kraufen

Helix Scientific Study (LETS GO KILL THE LEVIATHAN ON SUNDAY 20:30 IN GAME)

Post by Kraufen »

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Report: Leviathan Hunt
Outcome: Failure

At 20:45 20th of June, researchers Anomander Rake, Knapik, Punished SKK, zman090, Rudy (NOT) the football kid, Mrs Elena Barton and Firefighter Ally Nikolett (If I have missed any researchers this will be updated) made a concerted attempt to kill the newly appeared Void Leviathan. This had been planned for nearly a week on the part of researcher Knapik and Mrs Barton.

In the battle, Nikolett was essentially vaporized instantly. Shortly after the most of us were screaming as the Void Leviathan continued, knocking bodies out of the air and plunging them into the void. I believe some of us may have escaped but I personally witnessed the Leviathan kill Zman and then myself.

Findings: The void leviathan does varying types of damage. In the fight I was hit with lightning, acid, psychic, cold , Arcane. Needless to say it is impossible to fully prepare for it's attacks as it seems to use most if not all types.

Dodging does not seem to work. It seems to always hit.
Phasing is effective but my ability is somewhat limited, but it did help.

The void Leviathan has 4000HP. Needless to say this was to much for us.

Also- it seems to have a nexus champ style soak where you sometimes have to alternate damage type, since at some points we were doing 0 damage to it. It seemed a little more random and needs to be tested more

It occasionally hits you 2 or 3 times after you attack it

Final thoughts - We will need far more help and from various alignements to take this thing down, quite possible most of the populace

Signed - Head Researcher Anomander Rake

That is where you all come in. We plan on tackling the leviathan again on Sunday at 20:30(variable as scouts need to find the damn thing) , with the help of as many of you as we can get.
Required: If you can't already fly, you need flying potions. This creature travels the void in purg so you need to be able to not fall into it to fight it
Bring A LOT of healing potions.
All manner of invulns
Strength
Maybe some affinities but again you'll have to pop lots due to all the damage types it does

We will likely have a portal from helix outside if enemies do want to join in.

Please let us know you are coming either via forum or on the Helix Scientific Discussion Boards (Our discord)

Thank you. Depending on turn out we will plan accordingly.
Last edited by Kraufen on Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Meric

Re: Helix Scientific Study (LETS GO KILL HE LEVIATHAN ON SUNDAY 20:30 IN GAME)

Post by Meric »

The Arcane Emporium will happily bank roll for free any potions and equipment whilst stocks last and as quick as my fingers can work to make it.
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
leon0259

Re: Helix Scientific Study (LETS GO KILL THE LEVIATHAN ON SUNDAY 20:30 IN GAME)

Post by leon0259 »

Addenum: Notes on locating the subject of the research (from now on, Levi)
Due to Levi's nature (pet) it's movement is erradic and unpredictable. It's main habitat is void, hence the name, and it cannot travel over land. Levi's ability to move over Purgatorio chains (tiles) is yet to be confirmed, but the theory is that it cannot reside anywhere but void (tiles). The reasons behind such behavior are unknown.
If you wish to protect yourself from sudden attack, if not fatal outcome, don't travel by flight over void or at least be very carefull about getting in it's vicinity. But if you wish to witness Levi first-hand alone, i've attached different route maps one could take to find it.

(pic. 1 - "Sure-fire, revision №1")
This route is 277 tiles long and it is named such for thanks to the overlap in sight range, which guarantees that Levi won't have time to move into the already scouted area. To make sure of that, each back and forth should be done in 20 or less seconds (the time in which Levi can move two tiles)

(pic. 2 - "Sure-fire, revision №2")
This route (200 tiles) has the same idea as first revision, but the sight overlap was reduced to one tile which cuts the timing to 10 or less seconds per back-and-forth.

(pic. 3 - "Cheap spiral")
This one is only 174 tiles long, but it cannot guarantee that Levi won't go into searched area due to non-existent overlap. As a bonus, it checks the corners first, in which Levi got stuck during our research raid described by our Head Researcher.

Needless to say, finding Levi is as hard as fighting it, due to scale of Purgatorio one needs access to movement enhancing magic or skills, even full bar of AP and flight potion won't allow you to cross all of Purgatorio. If you aren't lucky to stumble upon Levi in your first few moves that is.

Signed - Laboratory Technologist Knapik

Levi is a bitch and a half to find, so if anyone spots it in the wild closer to the raid start, please notify everyone, that AP and MP spent on scouting could be damage dealt to the Levi after all. It took me (conduit) a wisp form, 10 MR potions and a help from Advocate to get more MP just to find the bastard. That's not to mention the costs of making portals for the factionmates to actually get to the Levi. So yeah, to magic users - bring as much MRs as possible in addition to survivability potions.