The Radio

For in-character discussion of NexusClash. While you must still be considerate of other posters, you may explore your role-playing side and do not need to extend the same courtesy to characters.
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

The Radio

Post by MrFrank »

I attempted to tune into the radio to get a snippet or two concerning the culture of the local populace, however it seems that most of the content on the wireless telegraph is prerecorded, the source of these recordings is undetermined as yet and the reason for failure of live broadcasts unknown. Listed below are some of the broadcasts I have recorded. If anyone else catches some magnetic Hertzian waves not heard before please do share.

-Arglesby R. Boretum
- You turn on the radio. A recorded interview continues: "... I told her to back away. I'm a pretty big guy, so I didn't feel like I was in any danger, but the look in her eyes? And I knew she had been drinking. I mean, plenty of us do at the end of a long shift. You ever wear a biosuit for 10 hours straight? No, I didn't think so. She just drank too much that night and cracked under the pressure, I guess (2022-05-15 12:33:37).

- You turn on the radio. An acoustic instrumental song continues. It sounds fairly normal until an instrument that sounds like a whale begins being played (2022-05-15 12:34:14).

- You turn on the radio. A prerecorded nervous voice welcomes you to "Cordillera Radio", and a song consisting of 3 simple beeps on repeat plays (2022-05-15 12:34:34).

- You turn on the radio. A recorded interview continues: "... Well, the last time I visited Earth, I went to San Fargues straight from Limbo Station. The food was amazing. Everyone seemed really nice, but looking back, I felt a kind of paranoia? I guess I know why I felt that way now (2022-05-15 12:34:51).

- You turn on the radio. A highlight reel of listeners calling into the station winning various prizes plays. There is a lot of excited yelling and screaming (2022-05-15 12:37:09).

- You turn on the radio. A prerecorded message begins: "Thanks for tuning into Lute Radio. Lute Radio is made possible with contributions from listeners like you. We're in day 5 of our Annual Pledge Drive and so close to our goal. If you value community supported public radio, please call in to the station now or visit our website to make a donation (2022-05-15 12:37:45).

- You turn on the radio. A recorded monologue continues: "... Think about all the land we've got tied up in food production. We know we can eat Synthpaste and be totally fine. Completely healthy. I mean it. No health problems. All of you who haven't been under house arrest, what do you think you eat if you don't live with someone with an income that takes care of groceries? So we already know everyone can live off Synthpaste. So why are we growing all this food? Think about it. This housing crisis, it's manufactured. It's fake. This is fake news. If things were really that bad, we'd clear all this land and build homes. It's a scam, folks. The government is stealing our tax dollars to build a luxury community for Earthling elites (2022-05-15 13:03:44).

- You turn on the radio. A song with an off-beat rhythm and a deep, raspy-voiced male singer continues: "Joint Presidents, what ah' them smokin'? Parliament, y'all gotta be jokin' (2022-05-23 10:49:44).

- You turn on the radio. A commercial plays: Come visit the Virtual Reality Astral Projection Center in Centrum! It's totally "far out" family fun! (2022-05-23 10:50:21).

- You turn on the radio. A siren slowly fades: "THIS IS A TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM. IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY, THE ATTENTION SIGNAL YOU JUST HEARD WOULD HAVE BEEN FOLLOWED BY OFFICIAL INFORMATION. THIS CONCLUDES THIS TEST OF THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM (2022-05-23 11:04:49).
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||