Backwash burns

For in-character discussion of NexusClash. While you must still be considerate of other posters, you may explore your role-playing side and do not need to extend the same courtesy to characters.
Khaze

Backwash burns

Post by Khaze »

Nailed to the door of the Backwash bar in Merroir you find a notice. It is slightly weatherworn, but you can tell it was placed here recently. On it, handwritten in large, decisive strokes of cursive, a message:

Khaze wrote:You dread to stand here. Even now, you wish to vacate these streets. For beyond these doors lie the infernal gates, beyond which no mortal can see. In it's darkness, a piercing wind howls over the frozen wastes and scorching moats of fire. From this oozing wound an evil pervades our worlds and threatens the sanctity and safety of all we hold dear.

Brothers and sisters, cast fear out of your hearts, for the hellspawn will never withstand the might and glory of the Word.

We have kept our vigil all this time, but the time of watching and waiting is at an end. Now the battlelines will be drawn and no quarter will be given. Evil will be purged from these lands with the sword and the shield and the Word. Bloody constraint will follow evil wherever it may hide, be that the very bowels of hell, or in the hearts of idle hands; there will we rake for it.

No stone will be left unturned and those who stand by idly in favor of fighting this evil, will be weighed according to every sin they might have prevented.

The Radiant Order calls forth all those who wish to join this fight. Awake, soldiers of the Word, from your slumber, for the crusade begins now.

P.S. For any of you vile wretches - should you possess the intellect required for literacy: you have been put on notice. We would tell you to repent, but it would not save you from what's coming.

OOC: TRO Discord: https://discord.gg/R4uDrydbrR
Faction page: https://nexusclash.com/clash.php?op=fac ... view&id=19
Skouth

Re: Backwash burns

Post by Skouth »

WHAT'S WITH THESE FEATHERS' FIXATION WITH THE BACKWASH WHEN THERE'S ANOTHER PERFECTLY USABLE STYGIA PORTAL IN...
UHH...
YEAH ACTUALLY I SEE WHAT THEY MEAN. IT'S UP NORTH, SOMEWHERE.
- Kharn the Possessing of Intellect Necessary for Literacy
FOO LION DELENDA EST
Khaze

Post by Khaze »

Kharn! Your reputation preceeds you, but they never said you had a sense of humour. Everybody knows your ilk wouldn't recognize a book if it was sentient and beating you to death, let alone read a map! :lol:
lunalu

Post by lunalu »

The Pirates of Rlyeh would like to remind the owner of the fine establishment, the Backwash bar, that toilet paper is a must when hosting a rowdy night for the crew.

The deck scrubbers are neither literate or intellects but they are a resourceful bunch. Our newest member had, in the absence of said loo roll, found a long-winded note stuck to the door. They had promptly used it to wipe their ass.

I would like to thank The Radiant Order for providing for us in these trying times and for ensuring the crew return to the Black Freighter with clean butts.

- Carrot, currently the only sober pirate
Khaze

Post by Khaze »

When it comes to the unwashed masses, I'm sure the Pirates take to the meaning literally, albeit they may do so without the 'm'. I could cut down all the forests of Elysium to make paper for manifestos, but filled with divine fervor or not, I do not believe they could wipe away a Pirate's filth. No, I do believe the solution is to work a bit further up the food chain!

Many have taken up the sword and joined our cause. Brothers and sisters, I bid you welcome. A new day will dawn and in it's radiance we'll find our strength, our truth.
Khaze

Post by Khaze »

The light of truth only burns those with something to hide - and there are many who would rather cower in the dark. The Order is being assailed from all sides, by the hellspawn in multitudes and the grey ones alike. Evil pervades these lands, and we have seen it's many forms. We have seen you.

They may tear down our walls, they may peck at the bones of our fallen like the vultures they are and they may suffuse the very earth beneath our feet with their magic, but we will persevere and rise up again, as sure as the sun rises every morning. These are men of ill intent and their fell deeds will do nothing, but serve as fuel for the flame of justice, the light of truth. When the truth finally dawns, it dawns in fire.