Exalted Flock not even Defending against crabs, syndermata, Pretty Convincing Whatever, and who knows what else

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Violet Ultra

Exalted Flock not even Defending against crabs, syndermata, Pretty Convincing Whatever, and who knows what else

Post by Violet Ultra »

It doesn't matter what stance they're on, it doesn't matter if the enemy is one of those pets that are incapable of changing your MOR, it doesn't even matter if they attack first. (Again, even when they're set to Defensive.) The Exalted Flock will just sit there and snicker while you're manually processed into crabmeat. I happened to have plenty of wolves each time this happened, so all that happened was it got real quiet and awkward for them afterward. But other Revenants may not have been so lucky, especially if they ran out of MP to stay in wolf form. This whole thing is especially frustrating since the whole reason I needed to borrow a Flock skill was to cross rivers outside the dome (crabs soak a lot of mundane damage), and the only other Flock skill... got me ganked by a random Advocate murderhobo while I was still accumulating the pet AP I needed. While I was out in the middle of nowhere.
Kandarin
Site Admin

Re: Exalted Flock not even Defending against crabs, syndermata, Pretty Convincing Whatever, and who knows what else

Post by Kandarin »

Exalted Flock pets will only take actions that would raise your Morality, which means only attacking Evils. They’re on a mission to raise your Morality, and only under the terms of that mission does that include defending you.

Intended behavior, if a bit nonintuitive.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes