Dark Power decaying too much

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Thenixon

Dark Power decaying too much

Post by Thenixon »

clash.php?op=character&id=13570

🎱 Is an overlord -class DO with a dark power meter that is dropping by 12-15 every day, probably at 0000 tick, with no use. I do not have the exact numbers from yesterday but it was something like 52-->39. Today it was definitely 55-->41. I did not use the power, there is nothing in my log indicating inadvertently pressing a button. I wasn't doing anything to use or earn it .

As a privileged member of the landed gentry, it's my understanding that it's not even supposed to decay under 200. But if it's going down by 20-30% for being a few points over 50 I feel like there is a balance issue...
Thenixon

Re: Dark Power decaying too much

Post by Thenixon »

Instead of seizing all of the Dark Power (DP) above 50, usurping a Stygian Overlord in combat now seizes the lesser of 25% of the target's DP total above 50 or 666 DP.
Dark Power decay is now 1/day above if the total is 50, 2/day if the total is above 100 and 5% per day if the total is above 200. Stygian Overlords experience decay of Dark Power holdings above 200, but if they are on their own home territory the rate of decay is halved vs non-Overlords.
^from the patch notes, is it possible the Usurpation rule is crossed with normal decay?
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Thenixon wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:46 pm
Instead of seizing all of the Dark Power (DP) above 50, usurping a Stygian Overlord in combat now seizes the lesser of 25% of the target's DP total above 50 or 666 DP.
Dark Power decay is now 1/day above if the total is 50, 2/day if the total is above 100 and 5% per day if the total is above 200. Stygian Overlords experience decay of Dark Power holdings above 200, but if they are on their own home territory the rate of decay is halved vs non-Overlords.
^from the patch notes, is it possible the Usurpation rule is crossed with normal decay?
No, they're completely different code functions - it should be impossible for running one to accidentally run the other.

I've been testing daily loss mechanics on devserver and have been completely unable to reproduce the reported issue.

It's worth mentioning that you have to be an Overlord currently within the territory that you rule to receive Overlord protection-from (at 50-200) or reduction-of (at 200+) DP loss on the daily tick. If you're outside your lands at the tick, you'll lose DP at non-Overlord rates.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

The actual cause of this has been identified and a solution will be in the next patch.
Thenixon

Post by Thenixon »

To clarify, territorial influence via vassals counts in the same way as other powers, or not for DP decay?
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Thenixon wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:39 pm To clarify, territorial influence via vassals counts in the same way as other powers, or not for DP decay?
If you are an Overlord on the land of a Vassal who is the Overlord of that land, you are counted as being on your own territory for purposes of DP decay.

If you can see the "Your hold is tenuous/powerful/absolute" flavor text, you are inside your domain.