Unable to buyback skills

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
NearNihil

Unable to buyback skills

Post by NearNihil »

I tried to refund Tap Font, as feedback on my build shows that it's probably not worth having. However, when I click the Buyback button, it comes up with the message in the second screenshot.

EDIT: I can't buyback Hide either. Same message, except the error message swaps in the appropriate skill name.

EDIT 2: I tried it again some time later and now it works fine. What the heck. The only difference I can come up with is that the first time I clicked my character's name in the list instead of logging him in first. I'll test later when the skill xp finishes being bought back.
Don't like someone but can't be bothered to do the dirty work yourself? Hire RED!
Want something but can't be bothered making it yourself? Buy from PIMCO!
plscks

Re: Unable to buyback skills

Post by plscks »

NearNihil wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:20 pm Image

I tried to refund Tap Font, as feedback on my build shows that it's probably not worth having. However, when I click the Buyback button, it comes up with the message in the second screenshot.

EDIT: I can't buyback Hide either. Same message, except the error message swaps in the appropriate skill name.

EDIT 2: I tried it again some time later and now it works fine. What the heck. The only difference I can come up with is that the first time I clicked my character's name in the list instead of logging him in first. I'll test later when the skill xp finishes being bought back.
Your second edit is spot on, there was an inconsistency between buyback skill purchase. You must be connected to the character that you are altering the skills of. Thank you for making the report and bringing this to our attention, this will have a correct and useful error message after the next update. To clarify, you will need to be connected to a character that you are changing the skills of.
"Hey, don't talk about bacon." - Frank Lapidus