Cannot Buyback renamed spell

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Haweh

Cannot Buyback renamed spell

Post by Haweh »

https://nexusclash.com/clash.php?op=character&id=12804

When I attempt to buyback TEM EYES on this character, I get sent back to the skill purchase screen with no message, but I do get a button to return to the game.
welp.PNG
welp.PNG (7.51 KiB) Viewed 1735 times
When I return to the game the buyback has not initiated.
werlp.PNG
werlp.PNG (2.2 KiB) Viewed 1735 times
Yukari

Re: Cannot Buyback renamed spell

Post by Yukari »

You need the premium version of Nexus Clash to be able to play without Tem Shop ads, sorry.
Leila

Post by Leila »

This happened to me with a renamed version of a spell, too. I ended up fixing it by renaming it to its original variant, and then the buyback went through fine.

The consequence was that everyone in the Nexus who owned the spell received a notification I had done this, and a duplicate appeared in our inventories. But both went away when I completed the buyback. YMMV.
"They could do nothing individually. So they went mad, en masse."
plscks

Post by plscks »

Haweh wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:09 pm https://nexusclash.com/clash.php?op=character&id=12804

When I attempt to buyback TEM EYES on this character, I get sent back to the skill purchase screen with no message, but I do get a button to return to the game.

welp.PNG

When I return to the game the buyback has not initiated.

werlp.PNG
Try using the new reset spell button in the credit store to reset the spell to the base spell and then try the buyback. If there are issues, with the reset, get in touch with me through Discord please and thank you.
Leila wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:31 am This happened to me with a renamed version of a spell, too. I ended up fixing it by renaming it to its original variant, and then the buyback went through fine.

The consequence was that everyone in the Nexus who owned the spell received a notification I had done this, and a duplicate appeared in our inventories. But both went away when I completed the buyback. YMMV.
Exactly this is what actually caused issues where a duplicate spell was created for everyone with the original spell. There is a new credit store button that will reset your custom spell to the base spell. Please use the button and do not attempt to rename the spell to the original spell name manually!
"Hey, don't talk about bacon." - Frank Lapidus
Haweh

Post by Haweh »

The new button appears to work. Thanks plscks!
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

There's a pending fix for the underlying issue here.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes