Harbinger of War does not stack on ranged attacks (or with fists)

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Flume

Harbinger of War does not stack on ranged attacks (or with fists)

Post by Flume »

Abijah the Twice-Named has successfully attacked a few different infernal behemoths (with enough innate tankiness to imply they weren't Good MO) and has only seen the status of Harbinger of War reduce to 0, never increment.The weapon used was her Oaken Greatbow and later an attempt was made with fists with the same result.

Efforts have been made with both combined Harbingers of Conquest and War and also with War alone. The skill does not seem to be working for Abi at all.
- You channel your divine magic. Red motes of light flash around you as you invoke the powers of a Harbinger of War. (2022-05-21 18:55:44).
- You reload your Oaken Greatbow with your Quiver of Arrows. (2022-05-21 18:55:59).
- You attack <redacted> with your Oaken Greatbow and hit for 10 points of piercing damage. His armor soaked 7 points of damage. You gain 10 XP. (2022-05-21 18:56:07).
- (2 times) You attack <redacted> with your Oaken Greatbow and miss. (2022-05-21 18:57:04).
- (4 times) You attack <redacted> with your Oaken Greatbow and hit for 10 points of piercing damage. His armor soaked 7 points of damage. You gain 10 XP. (2022-05-21 18:57:10).
- You attack <redacted> with your Fist and hit for 3 points of impact damage. His armor soaked 4 points of damage. They were protected by a burning aura of unholy flame! You take 9 points of unholy damage! You gain 3 XP. (2022-05-21 19:00:13).
Flume

Re: Harbinger of War does not stack on ranged attacks (or with fists)

Post by Flume »

Can confirm that the skill works perfectly fine for Abi if she uses a tire iron. Seems to still be coded for melee only on the live server.
Pharaoh

Post by Pharaoh »

HoW is supposed to give +1 point passive damage. I seem to have that. Also it's supposed to grant +1 damage when you activate HoW as if you had hit the target once already. The last time I used HoW I didn't get the +1 dam and yet other times I received it but it quickly went away after a couple hits.

And of course the damage increase doesn't work with my Oaken Greatbow either.
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

There's a pending fix for this.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes