Strangulation deals no supplemental death damage

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
Southall

Strangulation deals no supplemental death damage

Post by Southall »

Repro-ing this bug in more detail:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1672&p=5003&hilit= ... tion#p5003

Strangulation deals no supplemental death damage as it should.

I asked the void walker to attack me. They confirmed that they got the Strangulation effect, but they did not deal supplemental death damage to me. Checking my HP, I confirmed they were only dealing 1 point of damage each time from the base attack.

We repeated this with fists as well.
- Portia Dean attacked you with a Blood Claws and hit for 1 points of unholy damage. They focus their malice on choking your life away. 10 points of this reduction were due to the fortifications here. Your burning aura sears them! They take 1 points of fire damage! (2022-05-10 22:21:04).
- (2 times) Portia Dean attacked you with a Blood Claws and missed! Your burning aura sears them! They take 1 points of fire damage! (2022-05-10 22:21:17).
- Portia Dean attacked you with a Blood Claws and hit for 1 points of unholy damage. They focus their malice on choking your life away. 10 points of this reduction were due to the fortifications here. Your burning aura sears them! They take 1 points of fire damage! (2022-05-10 22:21:21).
- Portia Dean attacked you with a Fist and hit for 1 points of impact damage. They focus their malice on choking your life away. 10 points of this reduction were due to the fortifications here. Your burning aura sears them! They take 1 points of fire damage! (2022-05-10 22:22:25).
- Portia Dean attacked you with a Fist and missed! Your burning aura sears them! They take 1 points of fire damage! (2022-05-10 22:24:43).
- Portia Dean attacked you with a Fist and hit for 1 points of impact damage. They focus their malice on choking your life away. 10 points of this reduction were due to the fortifications here. Your burning aura sears them! They take 1 points of fire damage! (2022-05-10 22:24:48).
Expectation: at least 1 point of supplemental death damage should have been dealt at some point during this exchange. No death damage was actually dealt.
Kandarin

Re: Strangulation deals no supplemental death damage

Post by Kandarin »

There's a pending fix for this.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes