Pets: Sprites and healing Invisibles

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
cat

Pets: Sprites and healing Invisibles

Post by cat »

Aethersprites don't see through Invisibility to heal. This is also affecting wild Elysium sprites.

(While these various pet issues may all be interlinked I figured it's worth making separate report threads so each bug can be tracked clearly.)
Nayru

Re: Pets: Sprites and healing Invisibles

Post by Nayru »

from my pov feral sprites have stopped healing completely

not sure if player sprites care about hidestates, 'least last i recall they healed invisible okay
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
cat

Post by cat »

I remember when B5 Elys first opened wild sprites were healing as normal, however I can't recall a time recently when they have, somewhere that got borked.

Currently have an Invisible Good on a tile with player sprites and nothing else preventing healing - can confirm they can't see through the Invis to heal.

I believe the normal mechanic is/used to be "player sprite sees and heals Invisible Good, therefore a LS can deduce from logs that someone invisible is present, however the sprite healing doesn't mechanically reveal the Invisible Good."
Though after the whole Advocate Blessings and Invisibility issue, others may have a different opinion on what the right functionality should be. Perhaps something could be done re: Reveal spell and morality/faction relationship as it may fix a lot of these concerns.
Kandarin
Site Admin

Post by Kandarin »

Fixed in the most recent patch.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes