Attacking imps with Candle of the Soul gives incomplete message

Forum where closed and resolved bug reports live
GreatCatatonic

Attacking imps with Candle of the Soul gives incomplete message

Post by GreatCatatonic »

Sunset Shimmer attacked an Imp with her Candle of the Soul and got the following message:
- You feel a bit of your strength funneling out through your body. You take 3 points of damage. (2022-02-15 22:50:20).
- You also hit for 13 points of fire damage. You gain 6 XP. This was enough to kill them! You gain an additional 15 Experience Points! (2022-02-15 22:50:20).
Seems to be missing the first part of the message that you get when attacking a character:
- You use the candle of your soul to set alight the darkness in the soul of [target], causing him to become illuminated with a pale blue light! You gain 10 experience points! Large spines on their body reflexively shot back at you! You take 5 points of piercing damage! You also hit for 28 points of holy damage. His armor soaked 4 points of damage. Large spines on their body reflexively shot back at you! You take 5 points of piercing damage! You gain 28 XP. This was enough to kill them! You gain an additional 24 Experience Points! (2022-02-15 22:49:47).
Now that I look at it, though, the messages also state that I took aura damage twice. I lost 14 HP in that attack. 5 (Holy Resolve) + 3 (Candle) + 5 (Spines) - 1 (Healing Aura) = 12 HP. If the Candle didn't proc, but the second aura hit did, that would equal 14. Not sure what's going on there.

--Great
Kandarin
Site Admin

Re: Attacking imps with Candle of the Soul gives incomplete message

Post by Kandarin »

Working as intended. Status effects don't effect Pets.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes