Gameplay: Banks allow footlocker access

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
Nova

Gameplay: Banks allow footlocker access

Post by Nova »

Pretty simple idea. Being inside of a bank building allows you to access your footlocker regardless of whether your faction's stronghold is up or not. The contents and size would be tied to your faction like normal, though maybe factionless characters could get the 25 size one the factionless voidwalkers get.

This would help mitigate the current issue with items getting exploded constantly because no one can store anything, without initiating the faction hiding phase of the game. It would also allow people to pick up backup gear to help retake their stronghold after it goes down, with a bit of planning.
Alyss

Re: Gameplay: Banks allow footlocker access

Post by Alyss »

+1 this suggestion holds more promise than my future.
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

being able to create a personal storage at a particular bank tile irregardless of your faction status would be p cute yes
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
Meric

Post by Meric »

Id have it not tied to faction at first just player character with the option for an SH upgrade that links the two.

I also like it for the feral lifestyle opportunities it would provide.
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
MrFrank
Location: Lambda, a Subterranean Storage Facility, Mount Altrea Site

Post by MrFrank »

Would this be a separate footlocker unique to banks (thus allowing you to store more items in addition to your SH footlockers) or share the same space as the SH footlocker? Personally I prefer the former, you'll have to make decisions about what to leave behind in the stronghold, and what you want easier access to through various banks scattered around the map.

But I support any iteration of this in general, it's a really interesting suggestion and anything which gives more identity and purpose to a tile is a thumbs up from me.

Also, we'd ideally want non-Valhalla planes access to those independent footlockers too. I forget the exact tiles but the fortress or tower tiles (or maybe the tavern/inn/lodges etc) should allow for this as well.
|| glueman / 11968 || manco / 11970 || johnquail / 11976 || drcoomer / 12377 || a.r.boretum / 12546 || gnomechompski / 13303 ||
Nova

Post by Nova »

MrFrank wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:34 am Would this be a separate footlocker unique to banks (thus allowing you to store more items in addition to your SH footlockers) or share the same space as the SH footlocker? Personally I prefer the former, you'll have to make decisions about what to leave behind in the stronghold, and what you want easier access to through various banks scattered around the map.

But I support any iteration of this in general, it's a really interesting suggestion and anything which gives more identity and purpose to a tile is a thumbs up from me.

Also, we'd ideally want non-Valhalla planes access to those independent footlockers too. I forget the exact tiles but the fortress or tower tiles (or maybe the tavern/inn/lodges etc) should allow for this as well.
I could see a hall of memories working for this, not sure what stygian landmark would make sense though. Iron fortresses maybe?
sekki

Post by sekki »

Hah. Imagine there being different bank chains and you can only access things from the bank chain you deposited things into.
littleglassflowers

Post by littleglassflowers »

I wonder, would Postal Banking make sense, too..?

This is a really cute idea and I like it just because any tiny changes that make building types more distinct is an auto +1 from me.
Huojin

Post by Huojin »

I support this, and anyone who doesn't bank with the First People's Bank of Praxis is anti-worker.
Fellis
Site Admin

Post by Fellis »

Nayru wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:20 am being able to create a personal storage at a particular bank tile irregardless of your faction status would be p cute yes
Agree, promoted