Infernal Behemoth Phasing change suggestion

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
Yukari

Infernal Behemoth Phasing change suggestion

Post by Yukari »

This is a bit of a simple suggestion.

- Remove phasing from Tlacolotl IB (the defense penalty could be conserved idk about balance).

- Add phasing to Tholagru IB (as a passive, independent of Bloodlust status).

The difference in popularity between the two classes is pretty clear, with currently 35 Tlac vs 8 Thol IBs, and 39 Berzerk vs 12 Adrenal total.

Honestly Tlac is busted (and also incredibly fun to play, as you can tell from my 3 Tlac IBs lmfao) - it does not really need phasing to function in any way, and it also gives it an additional safety net that might be undeserved when 20-HP Madman Mode is engaged (ever bounce 3 autohits in a row against a near-death Tlac?). Moving phasing over to Thol might help differentiate them more between the DPS-focused one and the Tanky one, which could help a little with the later's popularity as well.

I'm sure all of us Tlacolotl-Enjoyers won't mind seeing the phasing go.
Klapaucius

Re: Infernal Behemoth Phasing change suggestion

Post by Klapaucius »

+1 the power imbalance between the two specs is big, and thol isn't even that weak.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

IB certainly needs a balance pass. Not sure what that'll entail or when it'll be implemented, but will keep in mind.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

prior slated bits to code before i entered a massive burnout period

chitinous = -5 acid -3 piercing -1 electric -1 arcane +2 impact +1 slashing
adrenal = steals berzerk's 25% phase as a permanent effect
berzerk = loses bloodlust base +1 soak
unfettered = +5 damage if attack already unholy mutually exclusive with hellfire aura's weapon trigger (if it stays)
hellfire aura = beyond-full strength aura tied to bloodlust status
reactive spines = converted to counter-aura, level/3 piercing vs base impact/most projectile weapon attacks
fiendish bulk = +15 heavy acc returns to +5 heavy acc
+ possibly just nixing weapon element statuses

believe it covers most of the issues with ib and it was probably forgotten about so might as well reference it
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
SignedName

Post by SignedName »

I think permanent phasing for the IB should just be done away with, perhaps even phasing in general for the class. Though if it had to stay, I think it makes more sense if it were a stepped version of phasing based on percentage of HP left, like the damage bonus on Tlac (5% more phasing per 20% under full HP). This would actually play into the berserker playstyle by making them more survivable at low HP, but gaining little to no benefit at high HP. Shifting it over to Tholagru instead would be a non-solution, as everyone would just refund and respec towards that (also it'd make Thol IBs into ungodly damage sponges).
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

RIP IB phasing
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz