Gameplay: XP gain from attacking barricades

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
Huojin

Gameplay: XP gain from attacking barricades

Post by Huojin »

Suggestion that you should obtain XP from attacking barricades. Perhaps a similar rate to doors.

Unlike stronghold wards they don't automatically generate, so harder to farm - particularly if you can only interact with barricades hostile to your alignment.
SignedName

Re: Gameplay: XP gain from attacking barricades

Post by SignedName »

Huojin wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:49 pm Suggestion that you should obtain XP from attacking barricades. Perhaps a similar rate to doors.

Unlike stronghold wards they don't automatically generate, so harder to farm - particularly if you can only interact with barricades hostile to your alignment.
Doors don't give XP for attacking them. But they should! I think a rate of 1/5 of damage would be a decent reward (equivalent to the 2XP you get for repairing 10HP of a door), but not be extremely farmable. Actually destroying a door could also give an XP bonus of, say, 5?
sekki

Post by sekki »

The wiki says that repairing or destroying doors grants exp (1 exp for 1 ap). So if destroying doors isn’t granting exp maybe that is a bug. Or the wiki is wrong.

https://wiki.nexusclash.com/wiki/Experience
Repth

Post by Repth »

I'm fine with this but I think the XP gain should be incidental. There should be more incidental XP gain across the board in my opinion, so this could just be another one of them.
Nayru

Post by Nayru »

there's been talks recently of xp gain on more side-faff like barricades so the subject's there at least
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

This and additional forms of XP gain in general are a significant topic of dev discussion. Promote.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes