XP for setting Stronghold

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
RKBBQ

XP for setting Stronghold

Post by RKBBQ »

Devs seemed to agree that any action that benefits the faction should grant XP, and given that setting a stronghold is basically giving up half an AP cycle for your faction, maybe a bit of XP is fair recompense?

Plus, the passive infusion this would net would also do a little bit toward negating the negative impact of passive infusion from raiders. Given that your tile already needs to be at 50 infusion for the SH in the first place, it's not like this cold be abused for offensive infusion.

(A corollary to this suggestion might be that setting a stronghold also grants an additional 30 infusion or something, given how a few chain raids can put huge dents in even a 500-infused tile).
Active: Alexios (12693) | Johnny (12760) | Libby (12549) | Red (12555) | Sal (12599) | Gourmand (12808) | 02 (13907)
Released: George (12805) | Remy (12541) | VC (12538) | Silurus (12540)
Leila

Re: XP for setting Stronghold

Post by Leila »

100% agreed. Setting stronghold should give a significant reward given it's 30 AP and 20 MP spent. And I do agree about setting stronghold granting additional infuse too, but I'm not great at figuring out the exact balance.

I just know that at present, a *single* raid can entirely defuse a stronghold, but that's a discussion for another thread.
"They could do nothing individually. So they went mad, en masse."
cat

Post by cat »

+1, logical and fair.

(Also on the topic of rewarding actions with XP, a lot of those agreed with are still awaiting adjustment.)
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Sure, it'll be in the next patch. 20 XP for now.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes