Lich: Death Touch Cap

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
Meric

Lich: Death Touch Cap

Post by Meric »

Issue: My Lich's death touch is ~16dmg without Boxing (+1) Conjure Sinews (+2), Death Mastery (+3) and a death affinity potion (+3).

Im purposefully not getting Box/CS/DM because its absurd damage. He is only rank B so it is going to creep up as he ranks up and purchases more Lich skills anyway.

For very little prep and no mp per ap cost he will outperform a lot of classes in damage and if I leaned into it as above he would be easily throwing 25dmg. Throw in Deep Spellcraft and thats 30 damage against wards for 1 spell gem charge and a potion. It just doesnt feel like PMs should be able to throw that level of damage around.

Suggestion: Id suggest a Death touch cap of 9 damage that is buffed by Boxing (+1), Conjure Sinews (+2) and Death Affinity Potion (+3) to make it 15 damage max.

Dont @me about Elementalists. They are absurd too.
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
SaltedSalmon

Re: Lich: Death Touch Cap

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Okay fix for now, but I think Death Touch really just needs to go.
pyroshroom

Post by pyroshroom »

Capping it to +9 only is too far in terms of a nerf, it should just revert to the previous breath's death touch where it was just +1 for every lich skill instead of every 30 CP spent. Your death touch should be stronger as you approach Haldos levels of power. (My lich had a death touch of 17 damage last breath already, but that got buffed to 24 damage this breath)

Previous breath: https://wiki.nexuscla.sh/wiki/index.php ... eath_Touch

If the reason for the buff to death touch was that nobody was using it last breath, the +6 MP alone is enough to make me use it without a buff to the damage too.
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

pyroshroom wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:44 pm Your death touch should be stronger as you approach Haldos levels of power. (My lich had a death touch of 17 damage last breath already, but that got buffed to 24 damage this breath)
Think about the mechanical outcomes of this.
Giving a flat buff to people just because they have more Circles is bad. The entire reason badges work as they is because devs don't want people just towering over newcomers just because they played the game for longer.

It also means that for 30 CP the Lich has a Tankbuster, which is ???
If a Petmaster wants a Tankbuster they should be forced to spend CP and MP on it, like other Spellcasters.
pyroshroom

Post by pyroshroom »

Always had a tankbuster last breath, it was just useless since my pets were still more efficient per AP.

There will always be power imbalances as long as the badge requirement exists.
If they truly wanted to equalize the playing field, they should just allow everyone to achieve all the ranks they want with XP without the badge requirement.
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

pyroshroom wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:59 pm Always had a tankbuster last breath, it was just useless since my pets were still more efficient per AP.
Well yeah, Tankbusters are for Tanks, not for clearing the area.
pyroshroom wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:59 pm There will always be power imbalances as long as the badge requirement exists.
That's no reason to make those imbalances worse.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Your death touch should be stronger as you approach Haldos levels of power. (My lich had a death touch of 17 damage last breath already, but that got buffed to 24 damage this breath)
Giving a flat buff to people just because they have more Circles is bad. The entire reason badges work as they is because devs don't want people just towering over newcomers just because they played the game for longer.

If a Petmaster wants a Tankbuster they should be forced to spend CP and MP on it, like other Spellcasters.
Agreed. Death Touch could use a nerf and Bonesword a buff, they're incredibly unbalanced in terms of power.
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
SaltedSalmon

Post by SaltedSalmon »

Goliath wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:55 pm Agreed. Death Touch could use a nerf and Bonesword a buff, they're incredibly unbalanced in terms of power.
Death Touch could use a full-on rework I think.
I mean, just have it work differently. Just unsure as to how.
BLORTH

Post by BLORTH »

Is the section of the wiki entry on the skill that reads "Kills grant the Lich (Target level / 2) MP." inaccurate or is there a bug with the skill?
- Your Adorable Puppy has been destroyed! It has been removed from your inventory.
- Lychwood gave you an An even cuter puppy, a Stygian Bone Leech.
Kandarin

Post by Kandarin »

Goliath wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:55 pm
Your death touch should be stronger as you approach Haldos levels of power. (My lich had a death touch of 17 damage last breath already, but that got buffed to 24 damage this breath)

Agreed. Death Touch could use a nerf and Bonesword a buff, they're incredibly unbalanced in terms of power.
This is true for both Death Touch and Bonesword.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes