Interface: Aspect Physical Description Constant

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
Meric

Interface: Aspect Physical Description Constant

Post by Meric »

When alive the physical description on a profile is populated with your aspect detail. However, when dead it defaults to
"This character is a formless spirit, floating above the planes, dead."

I would suggest that this information being widely disclosed via a simple profile link is problematic and shouldn't be available to the player base. Historically I have seen it abused such as when certain chars (PMs/tanks) ids are banked and then checked before raids to assess the raid risk. Which is meta-game information an opponent shouldn't have access to. I think it was particularly problematic in Breath 3 with some of the wars that occurred if I recall correctly.

As such the suggestion is that the most recent aspect remains constant in the Physical Description box until a) it is changed by equipping/de-equipping clothing / items or b) the char respawns into a new aspect. Ergo, no information can be gleaned from the profile about the status of the character and it would be a slight buff to EOD revs that can assess their living status with the corpse/marking. To keep it thematically constant the description could started with "You remember them looking like..." as if your character is recalling their last interaction with them.

Plus I spend a great deal of time stylishly dressing my chars and I do not think the Nexus at large should be denied this experience just because I am dead most of the time /s
Sunset Shimmer attacked you with a Frozen Gauntlet and hit for 62 points of holy damage. She was hiding! This attack was charged with righteous wrath! Their body strained with holy resolve as they added physical power to this attack! (2021-11-22)
Kandarin

Re: Interface: Aspect Physical Description Constant

Post by Kandarin »

Meric wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:05 pm When alive the physical description on a profile is populated with your aspect detail. However, when dead it defaults to
"This character is a formless spirit, floating above the planes, dead."

I would suggest that this information being widely disclosed via a simple profile link is problematic and shouldn't be available to the player base. Historically I have seen it abused such as when certain chars (PMs/tanks) ids are banked and then checked before raids to assess the raid risk. Which is meta-game information an opponent shouldn't have access to. I think it was particularly problematic in Breath 3 with some of the wars that occurred if I recall correctly.

As such the suggestion is that the most recent aspect remains constant in the Physical Description box until a) it is changed by equipping/de-equipping clothing / items or b) the char respawns into a new aspect. Ergo, no information can be gleaned from the profile about the status of the character and it would be a slight buff to EOD revs that can assess their living status with the corpse/marking. To keep it thematically constant the description could started with "You remember them looking like..." as if your character is recalling their last interaction with them.

Plus I spend a great deal of time stylishly dressing my chars and I do not think the Nexus at large should be denied this experience just because I am dead most of the time /s
The dev team had a discussion on this recently and entirely agreed that it should be changed for largely the reasons you laid out.

This will be changed in the next patch.
Katerina Hasheen - Necromancer Advocate, champion of a better Hashaa
Serena Hasheen - Gun ES, Macro Hunter, Freedom Array booster
Isabel Hasheen - Gunwizard Councillor, infusion's #1 fan
Kandarin - Lightning Elementalist, Crusader, fontnet architect
Erduhr-Khazai - Fire-breathing Dragon DO, Evil Overlord, pillager of planes
Nayru

Re: Interface: Aspect Physical Description Constant

Post by Nayru »

always sad to get denied the ability to see fluff stuff ye
- You say, "Oh my me." (2022-01-30 03:41:07).