Shorten Day/Night Cycle

Past suggestions that have been incorporated into the live game.
Haweh

Shorten Day/Night Cycle

Post by Haweh »

Rather than having days and nights rotate on an hourly basis, I think having it rotate every tick instead might make the game more accessible.

At least in my personal experience, sometimes I don't have a full hour to wait for the day/night to come and I end up not playing at all.
kylinn

Re: Shorten Day/Night Cycle

Post by kylinn »

While I have encountered this issue as well, making the day/night cycle change every 15 minutes would make it very difficult for Revenants to be able to go about, hunt, participate in a raid, within such a limited time constraint. And difficult as well for just regular folks who are searching and depending on the light to help their chances.

Alternate suggestion : IF the need is felt to shorten the day/night cycle, make it every half-hour, not every quarter. That would be a more generous allotment of time, yet still be more frequent than hourly.
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

+1 to half hour cycles
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz
cat

Post by cat »

Tangential to this: having a Cordillera day/night indicator which is visible at all times would be a simple and effective QoL addition.
No more logging into another character to check day/night when at character select or deciding to respawn.
Bonus points if on mouseover it gives a countdown to the next cycle.
Alyss

Post by Alyss »

Day/night rotating each half hour is long overdue. It makes waiting for the right time ingame less painful for relaxed players and reduces timezone confusion for people. It has almost no downsides. I agree with Ferret that it can be difficult to use all of your actions within 15 minutes (or realistically less, like 10) with certain playstyles and/or if you're on mobile or a toaster laptop.
Repth

Post by Repth »

+1 to 30 minute cycles. Cat it sounds like what you want is a day/night indicator on character select screen?
Fellis
Site Admin

Post by Fellis »

I like 30 min day/night, I think it would be interesting for Time of Day to change every tick with:

Day: Dawn/Midday or Morning/Afternoon
Night: Dusk/Midnight or Evening/Night

Would possibly give some structure to future mechanics or whatever, or just some fluff
Goliath

Post by Goliath »

Feature has been implemented and is pending deployment
A Parrot with a Blade - Melee/Touchcaster Holy Champion || GrayScimitar - Heavy Sword Tlac IB || RustyWire - Gunwiz